Deco M4 select signal source

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4 select signal source

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
80 Reply
Re:Deco M4 select signal source
2021-09-03 16:53:43

@Healy903 Please share an beta fw for M4 :(

Options
2021-09-03 20:17:53
3 months later and u guys havent release any fw for M4, E4 for selecting source signal! What the hell?
Options
2021-09-05 09:59:33

@Loka 

I don't kwow why It Is taking so long. I Will change mesh system very soon if the new firmware won't arrive within the end of September 

Options
2021-09-05 14:03:48

@Fabio25 : not only the product.  what i want to mention here is the way they support customer!  Maybe this is the last time i buy TPLink products and I will share my opinions about TPLink that not to buy their products. 

For @TP-Link and your team: In my country,  the price for mesh wifi deco is expensive.  I purchase 5 pack of deco and I hope that the price will suits to the quality of products,  customer services! But this is so DISAPPOINTED!  In Vietnam i have to call so many times without response!  Email,  communication etc... That is the ways you guys treat to customers!?  And over a year you guys can not release the firrmware for all the mesh products that optional to select the signal soure which is have to be on the mesh system like DECO !  I have both E4 and M4 and now i know i buy the rubbishes! 

This is the last mention to you @TP-Link .  I will return the product ! 

Options
2021-09-15 10:40:21

@TP-Link 

Hi, can I have M4 / HC4 firmware that able to manually select signal source?

Options
2021-09-19 09:50:19

@TP-Link I'm running 3x M4 devices all on fw 1.5.0 and they are lined up master > slave1 > slave2 where master is at the left-most part of the house (where the inbound phone line comes in) slave1 is in the middle of the house and slave2 is at the far right hand end of the house.

When I reboot slave2 it firstly connects properly to slave1 but if I leave it a few hours it reverts to selecting master as the source and as a consequence the speeds drop significantly as the signal is a lot weaker.

I understand that the beta fw which allows M4 to select the signal source is not compatible with the 1.5.0 firmware but is there a solution to this issue you can help with? Thanks!

Options
2021-09-21 22:59:45

@TP-Link any news about the new firmware? 3 months later there is no news, and I think all with an m4 satellite needs this function.

Options
2021-10-04 08:16:21

@TP-Link  Getting a little tired of waiting for this. There surely should be some sort of road map. I'm pretty certain there is a human working on this update that can be sent an email for a progress report. Really wishing I hadn't purchased these.

Options
2021-10-04 09:33:50

I've been monitoring this threat for a while after posting 10 weeks ago.

Unfortunately, for all; I believe @TP-Link has deliberately chosen to not respond in this topic as either there is not an update coming, or customersupport agents are also kept in the dark.

I gave up hope, and will warn others at my ISP for this flaw in the M4

Options
2021-10-27 16:38:31

@fr33mumia 

Hi,

Can you share with us the beta firmware you got?

Thanks in advance!

Options
Related Articles