Votes

Onemesh in Access Point Mode

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread [Wi-Fi Routers] AP Mode supports Onemesh. Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread [Wi-Fi Routers] AP Mode supports Onemesh. Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-21 14:29:12 - last edited 2022-10-28 09:29:04
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

Hello,

Is there a reason why OneMesh doesn't work when Archer AX20 is switched to a Access Point Mode? It shouldn't matter whether the system is in Router or AP mode.

Thanks!

Options
6 Reply
Re:Onemesh in Access Point Mode
2021-02-24 13:27:25 - last edited 2021-12-02 11:24:54

@Eragon .

Probably, because in AP mode the device has a limited features available. Check this article.

Also according to this FAQ (Q7/A7) - while wireless routers support OneMesh only in router mode, modem routers support OneMesh on any operation mode.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-06-13 16:09:28 - last edited 2021-12-02 11:24:54

@terziyski 

I have an Archer C7 and a RE200. I switched to AP mode and the RE200 no longer allows enabling one mesh. But the SSID extended is still the same orginal used with OneMesh in router mode before. Can SSIDs overlap without issues like this in repeater?

What is the difference between A7 and C7 that only A7 allows OneMesh in AP mode? The specs online look exactly the same!

Options
2021-06-13 16:53:54 - last edited 2021-12-02 11:24:54

@G0bble 

I believe that won't be a problem, you won't have the seamless roaming offered by OneMesh though.

As far as I know the difference between C7 and A7 is only in distribution channels for selling these devices.

I doubt that A7 allows OneMesh in AP mode, check this thread and this solution.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-11-10 14:32:47 - last edited 2021-12-02 11:24:54

@Eragon I have an AX10 that I use as an AP, but I leave it in router mode to preserve onemesh functionality with my RE505X. All you have to do is connect it to the router using one of the LAN ports (not the WAN port), disable all the functions that conflict with your router (QoS, parental controls, DHCP, firewall, and everything else that a router does), configure the internet settings to use your router as the default gateway (and maybe assign it a static IP, might not be necessary but that's what I did) and it works fine. The only drawback is that it won't get automatic firmware updates anymore, but you can just periodically check for updates yourself and apply them manually if required.

Options
2022-01-17 21:55:23

Is there anything we can do to push this and eventually get OneMesh on AP mode?
I have an Archer C7 and a RE200, and I just bought an AX20. I don't need two routers, I'd love to have this properly set up.

As soon as I configured the AX20 I got a message saying there was another router in my network and I could be having double NAT. Do you think that disabling NAT but keep the router mode would work?

Options
2022-01-18 18:53:09

Hello people.

Let's make it real! Please, upvote the post "[Wi-Fi Routers] AP Mode supports Onemesh" by Kevin_Z

upvote... upvote...

Options

Information

Helpful: 24

Views: 11746

Replies: 6