Slow Internet Speed with Deco Devices

Slow Internet Speed with Deco Devices

83 Reply
Re:Slow Internet Speed with Deco Devices
2022-01-14 20:54:35

@TP-Link 

HI,

I have BT Fibre 900mb down, 110mb up.

I'm getting slow wifi speeds all over the house where we have 6 Deco X60 with the main one connected via ethernet to teh BT Smarthub 2.

Connected to the Deco's in my office with one of them in the same room-

Macbook Pro M1X-

Connected via wifi directly to the BT Smarthub in the same room as before-

Same results from iphone 13-

Connected to Deco-

Connected the Smarthub-

So the Smarthub is giving twice the speed even though its a single device and on a different floor. 

Any ideas? I've tried the suggestiosn on first page which made no difference.

Thanks in advance.

Options
2022-01-17 11:20:21

@Stitch23 

Hi, I would like to follow up on your case by email and please check whether you have received an email from me.

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-01-17 14:13:02

@TP-Link 

Thanks, reply sent.

Options
2022-01-29 09:51:01 - last edited 2022-01-29 09:52:04

I am facing a drop of speed on my deco m5.

firmware 1.57. i disabled QoS and UNPN.

if i am rebooting the deco is starting with the high speed about 400 mb/second and after 1 minute is dropping to 90mb/s and is remaining like that (on main deco)This issue is lasting since a while now. I reset each single m5 (3 in total) and setupped again the network. Still the same.

My network is as following:

- internet provider router set upped as bridge

- tp link archer c5 router which is transmiting internet to the decos spread throughout the house.

everything was working fine for about 6 month, constant high speed, but after suddenly i faced the issue described above with no change in the network configuration.

1st speed test after rebooting

2nd speed test immediately after the 1st, is failing (i am assuming something is happening eith the connection)

3rd speed test drops speed to 90mb and remains at this level

All test are performed during aprox 1

minute.
Any help/advices are much appreciated.

Options
2022-02-02 11:29:12

@TP-Link 

HI there.

I am experiencing about 90% speed loss using the Deco system:

Setup:

2 story house (quite wide)

1 main deco in living room connected to router

2 decos spread evenly throughout the house (even coverage, very good WiFi signal everywhere now).

Speed using Deco App ~850Mbps down, 100Mbps up

Speed in living room using Ookla (on mobile) ~450-500Mbps down, close to 100Mbps up

Speed elsewhere in the house (even when next to a Deco) 10-50Mbps down, 50+Mbps up

I have followed your OP re QoS and UPNP without any improvement. Please let me know what else i can try.

Thank you!

Options
2022-02-14 21:42:37

@TP-Link 

Hi

I was running 2 x M9 pluses with 4 x M5 and they were generally working ok.  I have 1gb internet from my ISP but have never got any where near those speeds from the nodes.  I needed to expand the mesh so ordered 1 x X90 and made that the main Deco.  Whilst speeds off the main Deco are great, the speeds off the satellite decos have fallen off a cliff since adding in the X90 - less than 5 mbs down load on the satelite Decos.

Any suggestions?  Do i need to ditch the X90 and stick with the M9s and M5s? Or would adding in an extra x90 help make the sytem more robust?

Options
2022-02-15 06:26:35

@JERMLB 

Hi, are all the Deco units connected wirelessly?

Can I have a picture of the location and distance between the Deco units, such as?

(if possible, could you please mark the appropriate speed of each unit for me)

Do you have a wired laptop that could test the Ethernet speed from the satellite Deco as well?

Options
2022-03-11 14:30:14 - last edited 2022-03-11 14:31:20

@TP-Link Here's my experience:

Bought a set of M5 and with careful positioning, they provided just about adequate performance. They were very sensitive to where they went and didn't like being close to the floor. Speed as you went further down the mesh away from the main deco was halved for every jump. I *think* this is because the M5 doesn't have a wifi backhaul that is separate from the main wifi.

Had a couple of spare M9+ units at work so took them home. Wow. What an improvement. They have their own 5G backhaul so even as you progress through the mesh, the speed stays at the same as the main deco. Even at the other end of the house I get virtually line speed and it's rock solid. I live in an old house with 3ft thick stone walls.

So my hint would be, if you have an M5, to only use them as low data requirement no service fill-in points and try to use the M9+ units instead. As an observation, the M9+ are a bit bigger and about 3X heavier than the M5.

Options
2022-03-16 11:18:27

@TP-Link 

Deco M9

Firmware 1.5.6 Build 20211018 Rel. 35617

I have Gig fiber to the home and my Speed test vary, think its an issue with the software as speed test from the app range to 350 to 550 mbps and when i run speed test from my Xbox which is wired in i can at time get 800 mbps but normal show around the 500 mark.

I have followed all suggestions but QOS etc.

It appears to be a trend with the m5 as well from what i can see on the forum

Options
2022-03-30 12:08:30

@TP-Link 

I have had the Deco s4 (Main with 2 satellites) for a while now but recently I've noticed that it consistently loses maximum speed. 

I pay for 500mb/s through Virgin in the UK however the majority of the time my Deco only outputs around 60/80 MB/s over both Wifi and my PC which is wired via Deco with Ethernet.

Rebooting the Main Deco brings the speeds right back up to 400+MB/s but over time (I've not tested how long but certainly within a day or 2) this dips back down to the 80MB/s range.

I don't have any devices set to priority and I have manually adjusted the limits to 1000MB/s but it hasn't helped. 

I don't think it is a Virgin throttling at peak times issue as the speed tests ever go up above the 80 MB/s limit once it falls but instantly comes back after a reboot.

Any ideas?

Options
Related Articles