Best Modem to Go with Archer AX90 and Settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-23 23:33:45
Model: Archer AX90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I bought an Archer AX90 recently but naively didn't realise that I also need a modem to go with it.  I'm currently plugging it into my old Vodaphone router, but the speed seems exceptionally slow.  Are there any recommendations for a modem that will best work with this router?  I particularly need to increase the range, which hasn't improved at all and is disappointing.

Also, are there any settings I can tweak to increase range and speed?  Many thanks for any help.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Best Modem to Go with Archer AX90 and Settings
2021-02-24 06:03:57

@carterusm29 

Hi, does the existing Vodafone router a DSL modem router or a cable one? You may verify this by checking if it is connected to the Vodafone network via fiber cable or DSL line (telephone line). If it is a DSL modem router, then verify with Vodafone (I think it is your ISP?) first how much bandwidth you have paid for, then choose one that can handle it as per the specifications, such as https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/dsl-modem-router/, if you want to get a TP-Link one.

While if it is a cable modem, I'm afraid we don't have the specific suggestions for it, you may search online, or confirm with Vodafone that if they have any recommendations.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-02-24 10:51:40

@Kevin_Z Thank you for your reply.  It is a DSL modem.  I don't really want to buy a modem/router, as the brilliant Archer AX90 is a router anyway.  Don't TP Link do just modem's?  Seems strange if they make router only models.  How do people generally get online with the Archer range of routers?

Options
2021-02-25 02:06:24

@carterusm29 

We only have the modem routers that I listed here, as we think you must have a modem already if you purchase the wireless router, and most of the Internet Providers provide the modem when you buy the service.laugh

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-02-25 16:20:02 - last edited 2021-02-25 16:24:33

@carterusm29 

Hi,

Could you tell us the model number of your Vodafone router and the DSL version and speed that you are subscribed to? (for example VDSL 100 Mbit/s)

The AX90's WAN/Internet port should be able to handle even the fastest available DSL speeds with ease.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1302

Replies: 4

Related Articles