Adapter interrupts my main router internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-27 20:26:15
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: I don't know

Once i plugged the adapter and the extender, and paired them together suddenly my main router connection was being continuously interrupted (the one the adapter was connected with an ethernet cable). I tried methods like factory resetting but no solution. I even tried copping the data of my router with the extender via WPS but still no way my internet connection is stable. Every time i connect these two, my internet(router) disconnects for 1 minute making my home not to have either internet nor telephone. 

Options
11 Reply
Re:Adapter interrupts my main router internet connection
2021-03-01 03:48:16

@SaltzyBros_ 

Do you mean once the powerline Adapter and Extender is paired (House Led On) , router will lose Internet totally?  

How did the Leds on changes on your main router, any Led go Red / Off? May I know the Model number of your router?

Will router work automatically after you unplug tp-link adapter, did they work fine before? 

Options
2021-03-01 06:41:29

@Solla-topee so basically i do the whole setup of pairing between the adapter and the extender. But for some reason after all the leds are on as described on the manual and i get connected to the tplink my whole internet connection drops. The router's leds are all off except the power one and the dsl one. I need to wait fir some time (around 2 minutes) for the connection to get back. When I unplug the tplink set and i get connected to the main router I don't have any problem in my connection. The router I use is one of my local internet providers and I don't think you could make a conclusion if i told you the model name. 

Options
2021-03-03 13:31:07 - last edited 2021-03-03 13:38:10

@SaltzyBros_  Hi, thanks a lot for your reply~

Please make sure there is not a loop in your connection, adapter and extender are plugged into the wall socket, and only the main adapter is wired to router. 

Keep extender alone in the wall socket. 

Topology: Router --Ethernet cable -- adapter  _______ Powerline  circuit in your house _____ extender 

Our team will try to perform a test if we could know the Model number of main router, thank you. 

We'd like to follow up your case via email as the issue is quite abnormal, please check your inbox later. 

Options
2021-03-03 14:19:25 - last edited 2021-03-03 14:20:09

@SaltzyBros_ DSL uses a frequency range where Powerline operates too. So in a house with poor wiring, when phone and power wires are in close proximity to each other, the strong Powerline signal will interfere with the DSL signal.

Modern PLC adapters have a configuration setting for VDSL coexistence. Set this to whichever VDSL frequency range your Internet provider uses. This makes the PLC adapters mask out the DSL frequency ranges, resulting in clean DSL at the expense of a bit of PLC bandwidth.

Simple measures like untangling the phone wires away from power cords will of course also help.

Options
2021-03-05 10:37:26 - last edited 2021-03-05 10:39:47

@PeterM. So I figured out that the model of the TL-WPA4220 is V1 and not V4. Also to mention, if im connected to the tplink just for texting and stuff like that, its alright. But, if i start using youtube or discord for example my internet connection drops. 

For the VDSL part, i dont think i can do anything. Another fact, when i first bought the tplink it was working perfectly but after i upgraded my connection from 24 mbps to 50 mbps by the provider then the problem started. Even the providers couldn't do anything. 

Options
2021-03-05 10:41:46
Do I need to make any change in the configuration in any way if the extender copied the last settings of my router befire i upgraded ny connection? I think I have a VDSL right now, but in the past i didnt(when the tplink worked perfectly)
Options
2021-03-05 10:44:09
That is exactly the symptom - traffic on PLC interferes with the DSL signal. As described above, make sure your DSL/phone wiring - both the loose cables and the wiring in the walls - is as far away from all your power wires as possible. On top of that you can enable the "VDSL coexistance" frequency filter in all your PLCs.
Options
2021-03-05 10:48:44
How do I enable the VDSL coexistance? From the TPLINK configuration IP site?
Options
2021-03-05 10:50:02
tpPLC utility, individual device settings or "extended settings".
Options
2021-03-05 10:54:43 - last edited 2021-03-05 11:09:51

Ok i figured it out. Im going to test it and see if my connection is stable. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 680

Replies: 11