Primary Network status is "connected but no internet" but Guest Network is "Connected" and working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Primary Network status is "connected but no internet" but Guest Network is "Connected" and working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-04 05:37:57
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20201117 rel.41066

Hello,

I have recently bought an archer c6 v3.2 and updated the latest firmware. But now I frequently got a problem that My primary wireless network suddenly drops and status showed that "connected but no internet". Then I connect my mobile device to guest network and it works fine. Then I reboot my router and then the primary networks works fine.

I am not sure what is the problem. My network is smart connect enable and the SSID is hidden. Primary is 2.4GHz and 5GHz, the guest network is configured is only with 2.4GHz. I have to reboot it frequently to use the primary network and it is really frustrating. Please give me a solution asap.

Thanks,

Himel

Options
1 Reply
Re:Primary Network status is "connected but no internet" but Guest Network is "Connected" and working
2021-03-04 05:54:46

@NzHimel 

Hi Himel, may I know how many devices are connected to the primary network? Are they experiencing the same issue on the same time? When there is a "connected but no internet", does the computer or phone can still get a correct IP address from the C6? If there is an IP address, please try to ping the C6, as well as google.com, show us the results.

BTW, what if you leave the network broadcasting, is there still an issue? You may try to disable the Smart Connect, and create a different network name for the 2.4G and 5G to check.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 431

Replies: 1