VR600V remote connection does not have Backup/Restore option

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-04 17:48:39
Model: Archer VR600v  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Firmware Version:1.0.0 0.9.1 v0078.0 Build 170814 Rel.66346n

I need to backup my router remotely. Unfortunately, even VPN connection to the router masks the Backup option.

I understand the risks of restoring config remotely (or via wi-fi), but backup should be available for future recovery options.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Options
2 Reply
Re:VR600V remote connection does not have Backup/Restore option
2021-03-04 22:34:34

@Tad 

Would you have PC or Laptop on the LAN of the router that you could remotely connect too?  Something like Teamviewer or Zoho Assist?  

Just remote desktop to a LAN PC and take the backup local from the router that way

Options
Re:VR600V remote connection does not have Backup/Restore option
2021-03-05 07:33:38

@Philbert 

Philbert wrote

@Tad 

Would you have PC or Laptop on the LAN of the router that you could remotely connect too?  Something like Teamviewer or Zoho Assist?  

Just remote desktop to a LAN PC and take the backup local from the router that way

Thanks for your reply. I used to use this option as a "bypass", but often LAN PC fails me and hence this backdoor shuts on me i.e. it's unreliable.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 401

Replies: 2

Related Articles