OneMash with powerline adapters without router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-12 13:09:35

Hello,

I'm looking into buying TL-WPA8631P KIT + 3 TL-WPA8631P extenders to put one on each side of the house. My plan is to disable WiFi on the carriers router and use WiFi only from powerline adaptors connected to OneMash. All the brochures and manuals for OneMash always include router and example setup for powerlines in OneMash is router + powerlines as extenders so I'm wondering is my setup of creating one mash without router possible?

Best,

Tin

Options
4 Reply
Re:OneMash with powerline adapters without router
2021-03-18 10:31:12

bump

Options
2021-03-19 02:22:08

@TinH Hi Tin, 

OneMesh requires a tp-link router in your network , and WiFi client switch Wi-Fi fast between router and powerline devices. 

2 Powerline KIT could not build a oneMesh network. But you could set up same SSID and Wi-Fi password for 2 powerline devices, and Wi-Fi client could roam between powerline units, but it has short cut-off when roam between devices, not as fast as oneMesh network in this roaming.  

Options
2021-03-19 07:25:26

@Solla-topee and if I have WiFi router - Powerline Adapter - Powerline adapter - Powerline adapter the mash will be built only between router and first powerline adapter (the building is narrow and long)? 

Options
2021-03-23 03:27:50

@TinH 

In below network topology: 

TP-Link WiFi router (oneMesh compatible) - Wired Powerline Adapter ............(powerline).........Wireless  Powerline adapter ...........(powerline).........Wireless  Powerline adapter

Wireless powerline adapters and Wi-Fi router are in the same Mesh network.

OneMesh is built between router and wireless adapter through wire & powerline, not by wireless. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 833

Replies: 4

Related Articles