TL-PA211 AV200 Mini Powerline - No SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-12 18:57:46
Model: TL-PA4010  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have a powerline network and just tried to add an extra adaptor (TL-PA211 AV200 Mini Powerline -  This was not on the list to choose from)

It shows up on the Powerline Utility app and I think it is connected to the network (on my router it shows up on the Ethernet connected devices, coming off the main one connected to the router).  However nothing shows up on the PC or Phone to be able to connect to it.

If I connect an RJ45 from the "new" adaptor to the PC (and switch the wifi off the PC) there is no internet.  Though the router still shows that the PC is connected to the device. 

Are they all supposed to show a wifi network?  I want to be able to connect to the wifi of the new adaptor.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-PA211 AV200 Mini Powerline - No SSID
2021-03-24 09:45:07

@RoscoPColtrane Good day.  

Model TL-PA211 is only a Wired powerline adapter, it does not have Wi-Fi function. 

If you need a WI-Fi powerline extender, it is recommended to consider Model TL-WPA4220, " W" means " wireless" function. 

But PA211 should still provide Internet by Ethernet cable when it is wired to a PC.

May I know does it paired with other powerline unit, do you have all 3 Leds On on this PA211? May I have a photo of powerline adapters on your tpPLC Utility? Thanks. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 372

Replies: 1