Archer T9UH V2 not compatible with Big Sur 11.2.3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-14 11:06:37
Model: Archer T9UH  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello, 

I purchased the Archer T9UH V2 due to lower Wi-Fi on my iMac and this adapter had very good reviews and stated it was compatible with Mac. 

I attempted to install it multiple times yet failed everytime. I started to browse and found out it does not have drivers for the Big Sur and customers are demanding it for over 8 months now. 

I do not want to disable SIP and apply "such" hacks, as my iMac is still under warranty. 

I would like to ask directly the TP-Link Team - When is the updated driver for BigSur coming?  

I am a teacher and it's very important to me because of the distance teaching. I do not want alternatives, but official drivers, as I purchased your product and would not be happy to return it, but in case this won't be anytime soon, I will be required to do so. 

Thank you for response.

Best Regards

Alexandra

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer T9UH V2 not compatible with Big Sur 11.2.3
2021-03-15 01:29:58 - last edited 2021-03-15 01:30:28

@Miss_Sandris Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

We could understand many customers are waiting new driver of MAC Big Sur.  Apple has updated a lot of new features on the macOS 11.0 so the new driver development cycle take longer time. The estimated date of new driver is not confirmed yet but our  R&D team is working closely with the chipset manufacturers and working on the  process of new driver release. 

Once there is an update, we will put it on the official website, please kindly keep your eyes on our TP-Link official website.

Thank you so much for your understanding.

Options
2021-03-16 19:01:49
I have the same porblem,too
Options
2021-03-16 19:03:02
When? One year later? I need it now. please, develop the new driver soon. Thanks
Options
2021-03-16 21:05:47

@Solla-topee  The last update on this specific adapter was back in 2019. Big Sur is on market since June 2020 and it's very sad that your customers need to seek for alternatives because your products are no longer compatible. Sometimes I doubt whether the adapter will ever be compatible....

Options