Sky Q connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Sky Q connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Sky Q connection issues
Sky Q connection issues
2021-03-14 16:04:24
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.2.0 0.9.1 v0070.0 Build 170719 Rel.63031n

Hi all,  I have installed a AC1200 VR400 router to replace my sky one as it was rubbish, everything is connecting to it other than our sky Q box.  My TV & Sky are both hardwire LAN connected, the TV works perfect yet the Sky doesn't.  I have spoken to Sky & lets just say I might as well have spoken to a wall, so is there anyone that can help me please as I believe that it must only be a setting configuration somewhere.

Thanks in advance

Kev

Options
1 Reply
Re:Sky Q connection issues
2021-03-15 16:29:15

@Leybourne 

Hey

Its been a while since I seen this (due to covid) but yeah wireless on SkyQ is a real pain to get working solid.  

As you say a LAN cable is the best option, however if memory serves me right you need to go into settings and actually activate the LAN connection as its off by default, also forget the Wireless Settings..

I had it before where the SkyQ was connected to both Wired and Wireless, for some reason it prefered the WiFi and ignored the LAN.. go figure!   Removing its WiFi settings and enabling the LAN seemed to work ok

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 603

Replies: 1

Related Articles