Archer AX21 internet orange light and continuous power cycles when connected to modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX21 internet orange light and continuous power cycles when connected to modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-17 00:59:52
Model: Archer AX21  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 201202

I just purchased an Archer AX21 router, and when setting up as per the included instructions, the router turns on the power, both wifi, and the internet LEDs. The internet LED turns orange and then the router starts continuous power cycles. During these cycles, I cannot access the web management site via ethernet nor connect to any wifi. If I disconnect my modem from the router, the router no longer power cycles and I can access the web management site.

This siatuation is similar to the one discussed in this forum post. I attempted the proposed solution by disconnecting the coaxial cable from the modem, but the power cycling still occurs when the modem is connected to the router without a coaxial connection. My firmware is the latest available as well. I have also tried to clone my PC's MAC address in the router in case my ISP has a MAC binding issue, but this did not resolve the problem. My old router, a TP Link WR841N works with no issues with the same modem.

Any suggestions on next steps prior to initiating a return of the router would be appreciated!

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer AX21 internet orange light and continuous power cycles when connected to modem
2021-03-17 01:33:50

@juanmvenegas 

May I know who is your ISP, and what is the model number of the cable modem?

Options
Re:Archer AX21 internet orange light and continuous power cycles when connected to modem
2021-03-17 01:47:47

@Kevin_Z 

Hello,

My ISP is XFINITY (I am in the US) and my cable modem is a Netgear CM600. 

Thank you for taking the time to discuss my issue!

Options
2021-03-17 05:42:01

@juanmvenegas 

Thank you getting back so quickly.

Is the power adapter the original one? Is it 12 V ⎓ 1.5 A? Please disconnect all devices from the AX21, only leave the Netgear CM600 connected to the WAN port, check again if it will restart.

Try to reset it to factory defaults, don't change any settings on the AX21, connect the Netgear CM600 to the WAN port, check again if it will restart.

Options
2021-03-18 11:58:55

@Kevin_Z 

I see that You are asking in almost every topic about power adapter.

As I have never noticed in any other similar product manufacturer forums questions about power adapters, do You have some inside information about faulty TP-Link power adapters?
Options
2021-03-19 02:41:30

@ksuuk 

We noticed that some customers use a power adapter from another router, which doesn't match the specifications of the TP-Link router, thus it caused some abnormal restart. It is not the TP-Link original adapter is faulty, we just want to confirm it is the original adapter with the correct input.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1228

Replies: 5

Related Articles