Connect two powerline networks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-19 11:21:20
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi TP-Link community,

I have a house with wifi problems and I'm trying to solve using PLCs.

I've two TL-WPA4220 v4 kits because I've two electric circuits (one kit for left part and other for right part).

I would like to create an unique network.

How can I do that ? Using same SSID for both powerline networks ?

Any suggestions ?

Thank you and best regards

ton-du-ma

Options
4 Reply
Re:Connect two powerline networks
2021-03-19 15:46:34

@tonduma First of all, join them all into one PLC network. Then, for WiFi equipment that is not Mesh capable, manually put all the WiFi APs onto the same SSID and passkey, but on different channels. If your country allows 11 channels, put them on 1,6, and 11; if you're in Europe with 13 channels, there is enough space for four units on 1,5,9,13.

Options
2021-03-24 21:14:42

@PeterM. thank you for your reply.

How could I create one PLC network with two pair of PLCs ?

Options
2021-03-25 15:17:24
You can join additional adapters into a running PLC network either by pressing buttons in a certain sequence, or by entering the device ID code in the tpPLC utility "Add Device" function. Please read the instruction manual for how exactly to do this. It's easy, but procedures must be followed exactly.
Options
2021-03-26 03:32:22 - last edited 2021-03-26 03:32:52

@tonduma Hello, 

Power line devices should be used under same power line circuit/ under same power meter to communicate with each other. 

May I know the 2* electrical circuits, are they under the same power meter, or different power meter?

if they are under the same power meter, you could download a tpPLC Utility , refer to instruction below add powerline device meitoned by @PeterM

How to add a device to the network using tpPLC Utility (new logo)?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1615/

Options