PL adapter stopped working in a socket but works from a socket the other side of the room?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

PL adapter stopped working in a socket but works from a socket the other side of the room?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-20 16:55:27
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

PL adapter TL-PA411 stopped working in a socket but works from a socket or any other socket? a tester shows three lights for L,N & E any other electrical appliance works?

Any ideas?

Options
4 Reply
Re:PL adapter stopped working in a socket but works from a socket the other side of the room?
2021-03-24 03:19:39

@Chorlton Hello,

Please check if there are electrical devices which have a motor inside them around the powerline adapters. Such equipment can be air-conditioners, washing-machines, electric-fans etc..  Please move such equipment to another location if possible, or move powerline adapters away from such equipment. 

Btw, if you have  AC power adapters, such as those used for mobile phones, laptops or something else around the adapters. If the quality of AC power adapter is not good, it may cause noise on the power line circuit. Please move it to another place away from the powerline adapters.

Options
Re:PL adapter stopped working in a socket but works from a socket the other side of the room?
2021-03-24 08:18:34

@Solla-topee 

Thank you

Everything is now moved to the opposite side of the room, and it's all working perfectly, I have a feeling that it's a ground earth problem, Am I right in thinking that the signal passes along this part of the circuit? I will check this and replace the socket when I have time but for now it's all good!

Chorlton

Options
2021-03-24 10:01:59

@Chorlton Hello, 

Ground pin on PA411 is for  lightning strikes and electrical malfunctions, rather than transmit power line signal, so it should not effect the powerline devices. 

But if only 1 certain socket does not work with powerline device, it could be a socket issue or  interference around that socket. 

Options
2021-03-24 10:57:06
Thanks again I'll try replacing the socket again. Chorlton
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 899

Replies: 4