Tether app doesn't always pick up the device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-25 17:45:54
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.4 Build 20201202 Rel. 42413

Hi

I have a few questions.

Do I need to have the tether app on and connected for the extender to actually extend my WiFi? 

The Tether app doesn't alway pick up my extender. Any ideas why? 

The speed is very intermittent. I also struggle with the ping. Any ideas why?

Is there a way to change the Channels that the extender uses? At the moment it uses exactly the same as my router.

Thank you so much for any help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tether app doesn't always pick up the device
2021-03-26 06:38:03

@BigWB Hello

Tether app is to set up the range extender or manage tp-link Range extender, but it is not a necessisty, you could remove it after installation. 

If you are use Tether app remotely, it may take some time find RE through cloud server and requires fresh or wait for a while on Tether. 

If RE is already set up, you could connect local network (router Wi-Fi/ or RE Wi-Fi) it should not have problem picking the extender. 

For the speed & high ping, may I know at RE's location, if you connect to Router's Wifi and test speed, do you have a stable speed or low ping? 

Does it happen on 2Ghz or 5Ghz ?

Range extender repeat router's Wi-Fi signal and always use the same Channel as main router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 403

Replies: 1

Related Articles