Archer T3U Plus ping spikes

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Archer T3U
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1030.29.618.2019

Hello everyone.

I got the Archer T3U Plus Adapter on the 24th or March and I experience ping spikes of around 3000ms every 2 to 3 minutes. I use this adapter for work and video games so the constant spikes make both very hard to do, sadly.

What I have tried to far:

* set my WLAN standard to IEEE 802.11 a/n/ac only, as I only use the 5GHz network

* use it on USB 2.0 and 3.0

* turned off autoconfig for other networks in my system32

* all of the above steps were done on the firmware drivers; afterwards, tried different drivers that were posted up as solutions on this forum

So far, nothing has worked. One problem I have with the other drivers posted on here is that the progress is stuck at 90% and just doesn't progress.

Now, I'd be grateful for any other ideas on what I can do and I would also be really glad if I could have the beta driver for this problem that I see ever so often posted in here, but if possible for my adapter, as most of the time the ones posted are for the T3U (I don't know if there is a difference, though.).

Thank you very much!

EDIT: I put an RE365 Range Extender in between my router and my adapter and now it works flawlessly. This shouldn't be the solution, though. In the past, I've had problems with t his exact extender so I'm afraid it will stop working again soon. So any help on my original problem is still very much appreciated.

EDIT 2: It stopped working again.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer T3U Plus ping spikes
Wednesday

@neugdae Hello, 

Thank you for your detailed post ~

If a range extender helps with the issue, may I know how far from the computer using T3U and main router? Please put pc closer to router and see if that helps. 

Here is a newer chipset driver for Archer T3U Plus, please give it a try and issue will be gone or not. 

https://static.tp-link.com/beta/2021/202101/20210108/RTLWlanU_WindowsDriver_1030.41.0514.2020_Drv_3.00.0036(26078).zip

Options