Archer T3U Plus ping spikes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-27 09:52:13 - last edited 2021-03-28 00:46:45
Model: Archer T3U  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1030.29.618.2019

Hello everyone.

I got the Archer T3U Plus Adapter on the 24th or March and I experience ping spikes of around 3000ms every 2 to 3 minutes. I use this adapter for work and video games so the constant spikes make both very hard to do, sadly.

What I have tried to far:

* set my WLAN standard to IEEE 802.11 a/n/ac only, as I only use the 5GHz network

* use it on USB 2.0 and 3.0

* turned off autoconfig for other networks in my system32

* all of the above steps were done on the firmware drivers; afterwards, tried different drivers that were posted up as solutions on this forum

So far, nothing has worked. One problem I have with the other drivers posted on here is that the progress is stuck at 90% and just doesn't progress.

Now, I'd be grateful for any other ideas on what I can do and I would also be really glad if I could have the beta driver for this problem that I see ever so often posted in here, but if possible for my adapter, as most of the time the ones posted are for the T3U (I don't know if there is a difference, though.).

Thank you very much!

EDIT: I put an RE365 Range Extender in between my router and my adapter and now it works flawlessly. This shouldn't be the solution, though. In the past, I've had problems with t his exact extender so I'm afraid it will stop working again soon. So any help on my original problem is still very much appreciated.

EDIT 2: It stopped working again.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer T3U Plus ping spikes
2021-04-07 02:27:29

@neugdae Hello, 

Thank you for your detailed post ~

If a range extender helps with the issue, may I know how far from the computer using T3U and main router? Please put pc closer to router and see if that helps. 

Here is a newer chipset driver for Archer T3U Plus, please give it a try and issue will be gone or not. 

https://static.tp-link.com/beta/2021/202101/20210108/RTLWlanU_WindowsDriver_1030.41.0514.2020_Drv_3.00.0036(26078).zip

Options
2021-07-16 13:00:56

@Solla-topee Hello, 
I am having same issue for 1-2 months now. It is incredibly annoying the fact that despite this device being sold as we speak, the driver for it is not working ok with the latest version on Windows. To be honest, I think the issue started a few months ago after some new windows 10 updates.

I have the same network connection drops as all the mentioned issues by others. I can tell by running ping continuously and checking this. Sometimes it drops and get 1-2 consecutive timeouts consequently and sometimes I get a lot of them, with VPN dropping, "no internet" messages, etc. 

T3U Driver version: 1030.41.514.2020 (I tried all of them from this forum, even the beta one)
Windows 10 Pro

Version: 21H1

OS build: 19043.1110
Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

I can tell you 99% sure that this is because of your wireless adaptor, more specifically because of stupid Realtek chipsets (in this case, RTL8812BU).

Here are the reasons:

1. I also tried a different adapter from D-Link (DWA-181), which turned out used the same chipset and of course, the problem was the same. 

2. I tested with 2 routers and one mobile hotspot and the issue is the same (so it's not a router issue)

3. I tested these WLAN USB adapters on another laptop and the issue is the same
4. I tested with freshly installed windows and the issue is still there

5. The other laptop on which I tested has a WLAN integrated card from Intel and it works absolutely great! No timeout at all! 

Here is a short description of how to try and reproduce the issue:

- run continuous pings to the router (ping -t 192.168.1.10 in my case)

- wireless network has to be private and the pc should be discoverable on the network

- open the "Network" window either from desktop or from "This PC" (where you shoud see other devices in your network). Run ctrl+f5 a few times to refresh the list. 

- also try and close/open the "Network" window and again ctrl+f5 to reload. Do these steps a few times

This will at least trigger some huge time reponse to pings, like over 2000-3000ms, and even timeouts. Don't know exactly what is so intensive about this, but it was the only way I could reproduce this on current windows, on a fresh installed windows and also on another laptop.

Besides these steps to reproduce the issue, the connection drops randomly during different activity like: connect monitor, connect power cable, connect bluetooth headsets, even browsing files. Sometimes I get lots of timeouts during 1-2 hours, sometimes I have only a few or even 0 timeouts. 

FYI, my laptop WLAN chipset is also Realtek (8821AE) and I also have those timeouts when using the integrated WLAN.

However, I bought the laptop a few years ago, but you are still selling those adapters with those chipsets. 

I don't really know who should be responsible for fixing this (Realtek, Windows guys, etc), but I know that I purchased this adapter from TP-LINK and I need it to work. 

Please test this, find a way to reproduce and address this issue to the appropiate people for urgent fix. It's a general issue that affects a lot of customers using Realtek chipsets for WLAN cards or adapters.

Regards,

Nick

Options
2021-07-20 04:50:47

@Nick_N Thanks so much for sharing all the detailed info, this issue you are experiencing sounds unusual. To address the issue and try to fix it, we would like to escalate your case to our seniors via email. Please check your mailbox later, and let us know if the issue is resolved. Thank you!

Options
2021-08-16 08:12:59

@Solla-topee Hello! 

I still haven't received any email regarding this issue. Any updates here?

Thank you!

Options
2021-08-16 10:42:12

@Nick_N  Hello, 

I created another ticket for you with forum ID '258978 '  in subject, please have a look, free to let us know if the driver works or not via email so our seniors could follow up your case via email later. Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2047

Replies: 5

Related Articles