T3U High Ping spikes + Disconnects

Monday - last edited Monday
Model: Archer T3U
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1030.29.618.2019

Hey there.

So i am using archer c6 (v2 eu) version with my 1gb internet connection (Unlimited-israel)

All my other wifi like(TL-WN7200ND V1) devices works fine except archer t3u , only archer t3u drops connection and high ping spikes and connection time out (ping 8.8.8.8)

I have tried to put it only on 5ghz same results , and same results on 2.4 ghz.

Other devices i have connect just fine so its not a location problem.

My archer c6 v2 eu version is : 1.3.5 Build 20200630 rel.57406(4555) (works perfectly fine)

And my Archer T3U is : 

So frustrated of buying this T3U.

Help ?

Options
5 Replies
Re:T3U High Ping spikes + Disconnects
Monday

@WaterMelon 

Hi, it is suggested to try the beta firmware on the Archer C6, which will allow you to disable the Onemesh on it. You can find the firmware here:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/207232

Options
Re:T3U High Ping spikes + Disconnects
Monday

@Kevin_Z 

But the problem is not with the archer c6,all is working fine there,including all other wifi devices.

the only one who is doing the problem is the T3U PLUS ..

Options
Re:T3U High Ping spikes + Disconnects. update : i refunded this horrible t3u product and bought new product.
Wednesday - last edited Wednesday

Anyway, its not a problem with my router (archer c6) or with the firmware (i dont want to put new firmaware only because tplink dont know whats the problem and still suggests a new beta firmware for my router).

The problem is with archer t3u plus,its not a problem of wave signal or distance or even usb3/usb2 because all my other wifi devices work from the exact location without any ping spikes and disconnections. , its a bad quality product , i went to the shop and got a refund and bought another wifi usb and guess what ? it worked like a charm.

Options
Re:T3U High Ping spikes + Disconnects. update : i refunded this horrible t3u product and bought new product.
Wednesday
Hey I had the same problem as u .Tried many adapters like T3U,T3U plus and T4U with 5Ghz packet loss problem. But after i update the beta firmware update of archer c6 and disable the onemesh ,it fixed my 5ghz packet loss and my wifi is stable now. looks like the fault was in archer c6 mesh wifi(Hidden Network) which caused the issue. U should try the fix.
Options
Yesterday

@ctrl 

Hey,thx for the reply.

It disconnected me on 2.4 ghz also not only on 5ghz.

Options