T3U High Ping spikes + Disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-22 08:02:43 - last edited 2022-07-19 00:59:40
Model: Archer T3U  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1030.29.618.2019

Hey there.

So i am using archer c6 (v2 eu) version with my 1gb internet connection (Unlimited-israel)

All my other wifi like(TL-WN7200ND V1) devices works fine except archer t3u , only archer t3u drops connection and high ping spikes and connection time out (ping 8.8.8.8)

I have tried to put it only on 5ghz same results , and same results on 2.4 ghz.

Other devices i have connect just fine so its not a location problem.

My archer c6 v2 eu version is : 1.3.5 Build 20200630 rel.57406(4555) (works perfectly fine)

And my Archer T3U is : 

So frustrated of buying this T3U.

Help ?

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:T3U High Ping spikes + Disconnects. update : i refunded this horrible t3u product and bought new product.-Solution
2021-02-24 07:10:28 - last edited 2021-04-12 02:40:53
Hey I had the same problem as u .Tried many adapters like T3U,T3U plus and T4U with 5Ghz packet loss problem. But after i update the beta firmware update of archer c6 and disable the onemesh ,it fixed my 5ghz packet loss and my wifi is stable now. looks like the fault was in archer c6 mesh wifi(Hidden Network) which caused the issue. U should try the fix.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:T3U High Ping spikes + Disconnects. update : i refunded this horrible t3u product and bought new product.-Solution
2021-07-20 07:31:10 - last edited 2021-07-20 07:40:33

Hello everyone, 

If you have similar issue and got  high ping on T3U/T3U plus adapter:

Here is a newer chipset driver for Archer T3U /T3U Plus, please give it a try and issue will be gone or not. 
https://static.tp-link.com/beta/2021/202101/20210108/RTLWlanU_WindowsDriver_1030.41.0514.2020_Drv_3.00.0036(26078).zip

Below is the instruction to manually install driver: 
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/920/

If your router is tp-link Archer C6 Router :  please upgrade the Beta firmware provided by @Kevin_Z   for Archer C6 and turn off the OneMesh feature in the post below which approved to fix the high ping issue: 
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/207232

Note: (for test purpose) it is recommended to put the computer closer to the router and shut off some programs like gaming or online video applications while perform ping test.

If still the issue, please help confirm some details here and we would like to escalate your case: 

1.How did you do the ping test and please share photo of the ping:

2.  When the ping spikes appeared, what are your network activities, for example playing online games, video streaming or P2P downloading, etc? 

3. May I know  the model of the router, does the issue happen particularly on 2.4/ 5Ghz WiFi?
4. How about the other wireless adapters, does other pc or laptop work fine with the same Wi-Fi?
5. Please check the motherboard of your computer and share a photo with us: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2722/

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:T3U High Ping spikes + Disconnects
2021-02-22 10:56:10 - last edited 2021-07-20 07:32:41

@WaterMelon 

Hi, it is suggested to try the beta firmware on the Archer C6, which will allow you to disable the Onemesh on it. You can find the firmware here:

Options
2021-02-22 19:38:32

@Kevin_Z 

But the problem is not with the archer c6,all is working fine there,including all other wifi devices.

the only one who is doing the problem is the T3U PLUS ..

Options
Re:T3U High Ping spikes + Disconnects. update : i refunded this horrible t3u product and bought new product.
2021-02-24 06:49:52 - last edited 2021-02-24 06:51:13

Anyway, its not a problem with my router (archer c6) or with the firmware (i dont want to put new firmaware only because tplink dont know whats the problem and still suggests a new beta firmware for my router).

The problem is with archer t3u plus,its not a problem of wave signal or distance or even usb3/usb2 because all my other wifi devices work from the exact location without any ping spikes and disconnections. , its a bad quality product , i went to the shop and got a refund and bought another wifi usb and guess what ? it worked like a charm.

Options
2021-02-24 07:10:28 - last edited 2021-04-12 02:40:53
Hey I had the same problem as u .Tried many adapters like T3U,T3U plus and T4U with 5Ghz packet loss problem. But after i update the beta firmware update of archer c6 and disable the onemesh ,it fixed my 5ghz packet loss and my wifi is stable now. looks like the fault was in archer c6 mesh wifi(Hidden Network) which caused the issue. U should try the fix.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:T3U High Ping spikes + Disconnects. update : i refunded this horrible t3u product and bought new product.
2021-02-26 09:58:17

@ctrl 

Hey,thx for the reply.

It disconnected me on 2.4 ghz also not only on 5ghz.

Options
2021-07-18 09:12:52

Hello, 
I am having same issue for 1-2 months now. It is incredibly annoying the fact that despite this device being sold as we speak, the driver for it is not working ok with the latest version on Windows. To be honest, I think the issue started a few months ago after some new windows 10 updates.

I have the same network connection drops as all the mentioned issues by others. I can tell by running ping continuously and checking this. Sometimes it drops and get 1-2 consecutive timeouts consequently and sometimes I get a lot of them, with VPN dropping, "no internet" messages, etc. 

T3U Driver version: 1030.41.514.2020 (I tried all of them from this forum, even the beta one)
Windows 10 Pro

Version: 21H1

OS build: 19043.1110
Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

I can tell you 99% sure that this is because of your wireless adaptor, more specifically because of stupid Realtek chipsets (in this case, RTL8812BU).

Here are the reasons:

1. I also tried a different adapter from D-Link (DWA-181), which turned out used the same chipset and of course, the problem was the same. 

2. I tested with 2 routers and one mobile hotspot and the issue is the same (so it's not a router issue)

3. I tested these WLAN USB adapters on another laptop and the issue is the same
4. I tested with freshly installed windows and the issue is still there

5. The other laptop on which I tested has a WLAN integrated card from Intel and it works absolutely great! No timeout at all! 

Here is a short description of how to try and reproduce the issue:

- run continuous pings to the router (ping -t 192.168.1.10 in my case)

- wireless network has to be private and the pc should be discoverable on the network

- open the "Network" window either from desktop or from "This PC" (where you shoud see other devices in your network). Run ctrl+f5 a few times to refresh the list. 

- also try and close/open the "Network" window and again ctrl+f5 to reload. Do these steps a few times

This will at least trigger some huge time reponse to pings, like over 2000-3000ms, and even timeouts. Don't know exactly what is so intensive about this, but it was the only way I could reproduce this on current windows, on a fresh installed windows and also on another laptop.

Besides these steps to reproduce the issue, the connection drops randomly during different activity like: connect monitor, connect power cable, connect bluetooth headsets, even browsing files. Sometimes I get lots of timeouts during 1-2 hours, sometimes I have only a few or even 0 timeouts. 

FYI, my laptop WLAN chipset is also Realtek (8821AE) and I also have those timeouts when using the integrated WLAN.

However, I bought the laptop a few years ago, but you are still selling those adapters with those chipsets. 

I don't really know who should be responsible for fixing this (Realtek, Windows guys, etc), but I know that I purchased this adapter from TP-LINK and I need it to work. 

Please test this, find a way to reproduce and address this issue to the appropiate people for urgent fix. It's a general issue that affects a lot of customers using Realtek chipsets for WLAN cards or adapters.

Regards,

Nick

Options
2021-07-18 09:16:34

@WaterMelon Hello,

Can you please tell us what adapter did you try and it worked? I tried also DWA-181, which has the same Realtek chipset => it has the same issue.

Thank you!

Options
2021-07-20 07:31:10 - last edited 2021-07-20 07:40:33

Hello everyone, 

If you have similar issue and got  high ping on T3U/T3U plus adapter:

Here is a newer chipset driver for Archer T3U /T3U Plus, please give it a try and issue will be gone or not. 
https://static.tp-link.com/beta/2021/202101/20210108/RTLWlanU_WindowsDriver_1030.41.0514.2020_Drv_3.00.0036(26078).zip

Below is the instruction to manually install driver: 
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/920/

If your router is tp-link Archer C6 Router :  please upgrade the Beta firmware provided by @Kevin_Z   for Archer C6 and turn off the OneMesh feature in the post below which approved to fix the high ping issue: 

Note: (for test purpose) it is recommended to put the computer closer to the router and shut off some programs like gaming or online video applications while perform ping test.

If still the issue, please help confirm some details here and we would like to escalate your case: 

1.How did you do the ping test and please share photo of the ping:

2.  When the ping spikes appeared, what are your network activities, for example playing online games, video streaming or P2P downloading, etc? 

3. May I know  the model of the router, does the issue happen particularly on 2.4/ 5Ghz WiFi?
4. How about the other wireless adapters, does other pc or laptop work fine with the same Wi-Fi?
5. Please check the motherboard of your computer and share a photo with us: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2722/

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4168

Replies: 8

Related Articles