Network issues with Deco M6, Sonos and my NAS (Music Library

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-01 14:47:57 - last edited 2021-04-06 02:21:33
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.3

I installed the Deco M5 to fix issues with the wifi on my router.  I have moved the connections for my SONOS speakers from the old wifi to the new wifi which now has new ip addresses, lets call that HOMEW.  Issues is that I have a NAS for my music library which is hard wired into the exiting 10.x.x.x network (HOME).  The SONOS application can not access the NAS.  I also lost connectivity to the Sonos system from my workstation (HOME).  I think from reading that I want to switch the DECO from ROUTER to ACCESS POINT.  Just not 100% sure.  I have an Ethernet cable that goes from the modum to the M5,  I could move the Ethernet cable that goes from the modem to my switch and connect the switch directly into the M5.  Everything would be on the HOMEW network, just not sure if that would drop the speed or cause other issues.

Thoughts?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Network issues with Deco M6, Sonos and my NAS (Music Library-Solution
2021-04-01 15:31:19 - last edited 2021-04-06 02:21:33

@h1627 

If you do not need content filtering features of Deco mesh, such as parental controls, QoS, etc. - just switch Deco to Access Point mode.

Better yet - switch Deco to AP mode and see if any features you need are missing now, and if none - just keep it that way.

In Access Point mode Deco provides WiFi signal over the house, while your router keeps managing network. Everything will be on the same network.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Network issues with Deco M6, Sonos and my NAS (Music Library-Solution
2021-04-01 15:31:19 - last edited 2021-04-06 02:21:33

@h1627 

If you do not need content filtering features of Deco mesh, such as parental controls, QoS, etc. - just switch Deco to Access Point mode.

Better yet - switch Deco to AP mode and see if any features you need are missing now, and if none - just keep it that way.

In Access Point mode Deco provides WiFi signal over the house, while your router keeps managing network. Everything will be on the same network.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Network issues with Deco M6, Sonos and my NAS (Music Library
2021-04-01 18:37:09

@Alexandre. I will give that a try.  I don't need most of these controls

Options
Re:Network issues with Deco M6, Sonos and my NAS (Music Library
2021-04-05 10:54:18

@Alexandre. That worked, thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0