Deco M6 and Spotify Connect

2024-01-10 10:02:26 - last edited 2024-01-12 01:27:21
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Having problems getting Spotify Connect to work for devises connected to my Deco M5 network. Have 2 M5's providing the network. 

All network devices show as options when choosing device to stream to Spotify but no music comes out of selected device even though in Spotify it shows as playing. 

Used to work before having Deco units so thinking might be the Ramesh network. 

Any suggestions welcome. https://gbwhatsapp.mom

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M6 and Spotify Connect
2024-01-12 06:37:58

@Allee 

Hi, Have you tried the suggestions here:

https://support.spotify.com/us/article/cant-hear-spotify/

I don't think the issue might be related to the router but you could check whether "SIP ALG" is enabled under Deco APP>More>Advanced>NAT Porforwarding.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-02-06 20:37:37

@Allee I think there is something very strange going on here. Since updating my DECO PX50 to firmware 1.2.2 Build 20231226 Rel. 74361 a few days ago I've been experiencing problems with Google Home, Google Speakers, Spotify and streaming sound from my Android phone. I've checked all the network settings including the Deco advanced setting for Advanced:NAT Forwarding: SIP ALG . If I try and issue normal 'OK Google play .. ' commands the Nest speakers respond as if they are going to obey but now sound ensues. If I explicitly stream sound from an Android App {eg. BBC Sounds} it will work as expected [including to Google Home speaker groups] but I'm unable to stream audio from Spotify. Spotify shows the speaker as being available and tries to connect the speaker 'pings' as if it is going to connect but the connection fails and spotify hangs trying to complete.

I've tried all the recommended: Deco, Google Home, Android, Spotify fixes but none of them work. I can't be certain as to the cause of the problem but the only change has been the update of the Deco PX50 firmware. I'm not sure if it is possible to revert the firmware to confirm that the update is the cause of the problem but it seems to be the most likely cause.

Will update here with an further information I gain.

Options
2024-02-06 21:03:21

Ok. Tried reverting Deco PX50 Firmware to the previous version ( 1.2.1 Build 20230920 Rel. 62115 ) but problems with Google Home and Spotify remain the same as described above. That would indicate the source of the problem is not the Deco network or firmware. I've been away from my network for a couple of weeks, so there may have been some Google Home and/or Spotify update that has caused the problem.

I will post any further updates I have on the problem here but meantime I'm at a dead-end in trying to chase down this problem.

As a temporary workaround for anyone using Android / Google Home / Spotify you can use the Google Home app to stream your phones audio to a Google speaker. Then when you play Spotify on the handset audio will be streamed.

The problem appears to be something specific to Spotify Connect.

Options
2024-02-06 21:14:29

Just done some more research looks like this is a known Google Home fault that has arisen in the recent past. Google are aware of a problem and working on a fix. Will post here once fixed.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 187

Replies: 4

Related Articles