Deco m9 plus zigbee compatability

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-02 04:22:50

Hi all. 

Got 2 m9 plus decos a few weeks back and so far loving them. I am however pretty annoyed at the lack of support for the zigbee supported devices. 

In the past I had focussed on wi-fi enabled smart devices but there is a ton more possibilities if you move Into zigbee. 

Now the compatability list is seriously lacking. Were talking about like 15 to 20 random devices without including to link bulbs. 

Has this list been updated at all? And if so, recently? Feels like the feature is pretty much dead in the water, and have no idea why they even included it if it's locked down. 

Now I'm no zigbee expert, but is there anyway to get other non official supported devices to see the deco hub? 

Is there anyway to stop broadcasting zigbee through deco so I can just get a decent zigbee hub? 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco m9 plus zigbee compatability
2021-04-26 03:37:11

@Sprite 

Hi, currently, there is no update news about the Zigbee compatibility list and the Zigbee signal of Deco M9 plus could not be disabled;

But the Zigbee signal of Deco could not conflict with other Zigbee hubs;

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-04-26 03:41:37

@TP-Link pretty disappointing considering the zigbee is listed as a feature of the device yet it's so limited. 

Options
2022-01-14 21:17:53 - last edited 2022-01-15 01:15:08

@Sprite @TP_LINK @TP-Link
Anyone aware of any improvements coming in this space?

I've recently installed a 3 x M9 Plus system on the belief I was "painting my house in wifi" as well as a Zigbee network to integrate all my home automation.

Perhaps I should have read the fine print a little better... the *compatible device restriction undermines the ability of the M9 to be the Zigbee hub I was after.

It seems strange that (the Deco can implement) something based on an IEEE standard but then expicitly specify particular vendors as the only ones compatible. The allure of a communication protocol such as Zigbee is that IEEE 802.15.4 shold ensure a vendor agnostic approach. An open standard that tells anything how to talk to anything!

I'd recently picked up one of these from Amazon. A neat and well built little chip which pretty much allows you to automate and/or control anything you like. Sad news is that the Deco M9 Plus will not pair with it. When scanning for new devices it clearly picks it up and attempts to negotiate (observable given the change to the sync light pattern and chatter on the outgoing contact) but ultimately fails after being rejected by the Deco.

I am wondering if anyone else has had any success pairing this or any other device not on the compatible devices list?

A rather frustrating experience so far from something that offers so much in the home automation space but is clearly lacking progress and development.

Options
2022-01-19 01:59:22 - last edited 2022-01-19 02:03:40

@brodiems 

Hi, so far there has been no plan to expand the ZigBee compatible list yet. The devices on the compatible list have been tested but there are also some devices that haven’t been tested and might work well with Deco M9 plus(Zigbee Compatibility of Deco M9 plus). 

Options
2022-01-19 06:10:41

Pretty sure it's abandoned technology  I haven't seen any update to compatibility or even an option to turn the broadcast off since I bought it. @brodiems 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2015

Replies: 5

Related Articles