USB disk connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

USB disk connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
USB disk connection
USB disk connection
2021-04-13 13:34:52
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: last

Hello, I have a question regarding acces to the USB drive connected to the router. I can se the files and folders, however, I am not able to copy files from my computer to the USB. I am using Win10 notebook. Can you help me please?

Thanx

Options
8 Reply
Re:USB disk connection
2021-04-14 03:17:52

@Mordor 

Hi, have you checked if the write access has been enabled for the USB stick? Please refer to the below instructions to check the settings:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1527/

If the write access is already enabled, please show us the error message when you tried to write something into the USB stick.

Options
2021-04-14 06:29:32

@Kevin_Z 

Hello, thank you for your answer. I already read and followed all the sections from the FAQ. However, there is not such a menu were I can set the write rules (snap 1).

I can only see this menu (snap_2):

Where can I find the write access?

Options
2021-04-14 16:36:39

@Mordor 

Near the bottom of your screenshot it says:

admin - ******** - Read and Write

visit - ******* - Only Read

When you try to access the USB disk on the AX50 via your notebook then Windows should pop up a box asking for username and password. If you want write access, then you need to enter "admin" as user and the corresponding password.

Alternatively you could disable Access Authentication altogether, so that anyone can read and write the files.

Options
2021-04-14 17:08:00

@woozle 

Hi, thanx for your comment. I already tried both ways, but still not able to copy any file from my computer to the USB. I am able only to read those files already saved on the USB.

Options
2021-04-14 21:15:22

@Mordor 

Ok. 

Could you format the USB drive again and then try once more? Make sure to format it as FAT32 (or NTFS, if you wish), but don't select "exFAT".

Do you have any other USB storage device you could test in the AX50?

Options
2021-04-15 16:14:04

@woozle 

Hi, I already testet FAT32 and NTFS, but still not able to copy files. I have tested Passport portable HDD as well, no success. No idea what is wrong...

Options
2021-04-16 03:33:55

@Mordor 

Just wandering, have you tested this on another computer or OS?

Options
2021-04-16 05:29:32

@Mordor 

On the left menu, go to USB Settings -> Storage Sharing. Make sure the Service Status is Started and the shared storage is Enabled, if not, please click on Start or Enable. If you cannot see the USB device, please double check the USB device is well plugged, then click on Re-scan.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 469

Replies: 8

Related Articles