Extending WPA7510 with extra wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-15 11:38:44
Model: TL-WPA7510 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

We've got a WPA7510 which has the "output" down by the router and the wifi extender in the back bedroom.  I'd like to add another wifi extender in the front bedroom.  I'm finding it tricky to see which are compatible and also which are just stand alone wifi extenders.  I just want a single extender to pair with my current system rather than a whole new kit. Is this possible?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Extending WPA7510 with extra wifi
2021-04-16 03:00:06

@WelshPerson Hello, 

It is possible to add a single powerline unit as extender into your existing powerline network, but powerline KIT are normally sold by KIT and it is recommended to check local store or online store.

In theory, all the TP-Link powerline devices on sale can work together. In the real network environment, it would be better if we use the powerline devices with same powerline data speed in the same network. We can also use powerline devices with different data speeds together. Here are some recommendations:

Current Powerline

Recommendation

AV600/AV1300

AV600, AV1300

AV1000/AV2000

AV1000, AV2000

So you could consider a 7/9 series as the extender, like TL- WPA7510 /TL-WPA9610. If  you only found KIT, in a KIT, there is a wired powerline unit and a wireless one, both could work as extenders, but only model with " WPA“ (W means wireless )could provide Wi-Fi, the wired unit could extend Internet by Ethernet cable. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 474

Replies: 1

Related Articles