Powerline adapter query

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Powerline adapter query

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Powerline adapter query
Powerline adapter query
2021-04-15 12:20:19 - last edited 2021-04-19 06:22:42
Model: TL-PA4010  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi there

I have a few TP link adapters around the house and they have functioned really well for a long time, and recently we had a small house extension at the back and when I plug in an adapter, the 2nd light on the adapter (the powerline house) just flashes slowly as opposed to being on fully when used elsewhere in the house. 

Does this mean the electrical outlets in the small extension are on a different circuit? Please excuse my ignorance here.

Regards

Steve

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Powerline adapter query-Solution
2021-04-16 02:49:54 - last edited 2021-04-19 06:22:42

@Woody11 Good day,

Flashing Powerline Led on PA4010 means the poor powerline signal and below is the explanation from UG.

If your house extension and main house use the same power meter, they are normally in the same electrical circuit. Please try a different wall socket or you need to consider a different location for the powerline extender. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Powerline adapter query-Solution
2021-04-16 02:49:54 - last edited 2021-04-19 06:22:42

@Woody11 Good day,

Flashing Powerline Led on PA4010 means the poor powerline signal and below is the explanation from UG.

If your house extension and main house use the same power meter, they are normally in the same electrical circuit. Please try a different wall socket or you need to consider a different location for the powerline extender. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Powerline adapter query
2021-04-16 09:32:07

@Solla-topee 

Many thanks for the reply and info.

I have tried the TP link device in all the plugs sockets in the extension and all of them show the blinking LED for powerline. If I use a plug socket in the original part of the house which is right next to the new bit (kitchen extension) - then I get a solid light.

I have also tried different TP link devices and get the same issue.

Could it be a different issue?

Regards

Woody

Options
Re:Powerline adapter query
2021-04-19 06:22:20

@Woody11 Hello, 

If you tested multiple powerline units and all got the same flashing house Led when plugged in the house extension sockets,  it 's more likely powerline environment in the house extension is not very ideal for powerline devices ( connection may be slow/ unstable )

You could test the real performance when PA4010 's Led is flashing, if too bad, please use it in a different location. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 538

Replies: 3

Related Articles