TD-W8970 Wireless connection problems|

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TD-W8970 Wireless connection problems|

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
37 Reply
Re:TD-W8970 Wireless connection problems|
2015-02-05 09:25:33
Procella, what have you done to troubleshoot?
Try to disable UPNP and change transmit power to 50%. I have another model and solve the similar problem after I disable UPNP.
Options
same problem
2015-02-07 16:46:18
Hello,

exact same problem here, with my brand new TD-W8970 V1, latest firmware installed.
I tried to lower the wifi power to 50%, disable UPNP and every service I do not use (FTP server, usb sharing, ...) without enhancement.
I use this modem router as a router only, so the bridge stuff isn't the question...

Could TP-link make an official annoucement about this issue ?
Are they working on it ?

In the mean time, I'm posting a comment about this issue on the web-shop I bought it, to discourage possibles buyers...
Options
2015-02-09 16:38:54
Replace it under warranty or contact TP-LINK directly.
http://ticket.tp-link.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
Options
2015-02-11 18:39:22
I'm trying to contact tp link support, but without any answer from them.
(web form sent: no answer; trying to reach them on the phone seems impossible (in France))

So I'm dealing with the reseller to return the product...
Options
2015-02-16 05:11:49
This is exactly the same problem I had with my WD9980. Exactly.

I returned the first router. The replacement did the same, so I returned that. The third router also showed the same problems. All this time I had a ticket open with TP-Link support. In the end, I spoke to a tech guy who said to disable UPNP. I did this and the problems stopped. My router has been running ro 21 days now without a problem..... until today. 5GHz has dropped completely and 2.4 GHZ keeps dropping intermittently.
Options
2015-07-16 09:05:34
Same problem here!

Something I've noticed with this problem is that the more I use the computer, the more the router fails. Temperature problems? The bottom of the router is really hot. I've tried to cool it down and the problem vanished. About half an hour later, problems with the connection again, and the router hot again. I'll keep trying to determine if it's the temperature or not.
Options
Same problem in New Zealand
2015-07-20 19:03:34
My old Draytek died last week so was recommended to replace it with this model. This happened Saturday. Set up new TP-Link and all was well - sort of. Had lots of little lapses whilst streaming, but mostly only a minute or so...... until today, Monday. Dead as a doornail! Worked well all day then in the middle of a program, just stopped. Thought it was my system or the phone line until I found this thread. My adapter is 12v 1.0amp. Guess it will be going back tomorrow and I will be asking questions in the shop....
Options
Related Articles