Deco X60 Frequent Disconnection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco X60 Frequent Disconnection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
25 Reply
Re:Deco X60 Frequent Disconnection
2022-05-21 05:14:54

I am having a similar issue. X60 keep disconnecting. the light turns red on all 3 routers. After some time, it reconnects at its own will. some times in 10 minutes to 1 hour.

I checked the cable modem, by directly connecting my computer to it. Cable modem is fine. Deco is not able to connect for some reason.

Its very annoying. Some times, happens in the middle of a meeting or a skype session.

is there a fix for this? can TP-Link support advice on this.

Options
Re:Deco X60 Frequent Disconnection-Solution
2022-05-24 09:28:36 - last edited 2022-11-16 07:11:37

@RPCA 

Update:

Recommended troubleshooting steps:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/kb/detail/412552

Please let me know which one is like your case and comment below with the required information.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-05-24 16:11:13

@David-TP 

Hello

My Service provider is Xfinity

using ARRIS SURFboard SB6141 8x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem.

I did not Check the IPV4 setting.

However, when I connected my computer directly to the Cable Modem, internet is working. But the Deco X60 showing the red light. 

There is some thing between Router and the Cable Modem, that did not work at that time.

It took multiple times, switch off/switch on routine of the modem and Deco X60 resolved the issue. this is the third time i am seeing this issue.

It is very sporadic. but ones appears, lasts for 4-8 hours, before coming back to normal.

Options
2022-06-05 19:52:43

I also face frequent disconnection of the X60s. The led simply become red. If I disconnect the power to the device and reconnect it again, it becomes after a while green again, until the next time it disconnects. The X60 is connected with an Ethernet cable to my network. While it is on red, I can see that the connection is OK using a laptop that is connected to the same network using a cable as well. I have also changed the cables. Also, this happens on more than one device.  

Is there a way to debug this somehow - can you tell what I should look for in the log file? These are four quite new devices - I have them only for around one month. 

Thanks and regards,

Rani

Options
2022-06-06 14:36:11

Just an update - I have tried everything I could: upgraded the devices I have (I have four of them) to the latest version. This did not help. I have also replaced the "main deco" with another one and did a full reset to the whole four, as was suggested in TP-link deco x60 problems : HomeNetworking (reddit.com).  

Options
2022-06-07 06:38:20

@pinchuk 

Thank you very much for the update.

Could you please help me check the requested information in the recommended solution?

And please also refer to the private message for the debug firmware.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-06-07 15:21:35

@David-TP 

So the issue is probably solved - thanks to a suggestion of the tp-link support on chat. 

My setup is of four devices connected using ethernet cable. They all connected to my internal network. I have, though, a router and the Deco X60 devices sitting behind it. In such a setup, the "Operation Mode" should be "Access Point" and not "Wireless Router". In my setup the "Opereation Mode" was on "Wireless Router", which is a mystery for me: (1) how could it work at all through a network of another range (the devices are too far from each other to be able to see each other's signals) and (2) how did I forget to set it up as "Access Point" :-) (it is not the first time I set up something like that). 

Anyway, since the change in the configuration from "Wireless Router" to "Access Point", the problem did not repeat (so already for more than a day).

Thanks tp-link support!

Options
2022-06-18 16:04:07

@RPCA 

I believe my Issue is resolved based on last 3 weeks of observation.

I noticed everytime the connection is lost, the internet connection is fine on the cable modem, but not on the X60 router.

Everytime the connection is lost, the DNS and IP entries are missing or failed to get from the Cable Modem/Service provider.

TP-Link support suggested to change it to Google DNS entries. But it did NOT help either.

I started checking the Cable Modem compatability with my internet service provider. They also increased my connection speed to 600mbps+ recently

They(Xfinity), are not recomending SB6141 modem. I upgraded the modem to SB8200.

I believe, the issuse is resolved now.

Options
2022-08-23 11:26:20

@OKeefe 

Hi guys, 

I'm literally having a similar problem. I have six X60 Deco's in my house all are connected via ethernet. 4 of them connect directly to the ISP router and the two new ones are connected by Ethernet from one of the existing four. I bought two of the Deco's recently from the UK, the other four were purchased in Canada. The two i have bought recently from the UK, keep disconnecting/rebooting every 15minutes, flashing red and then after 3/4 moinutes changing back to green. This is extremely frustrating and i keep losing connection on the devices connected to those 2 new Deco's the remainder of the network is unaffected.

I'm based in Qatar and my ISP is Ooredoo. The Deco's weren't running long enough for me to really know, however, i feel like they were fine until a few hours later when i updated the firmware,  and then this issue started.

Can anybody help on what i can do?

Options
2022-08-24 06:54:52

@sohaibzee 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Due to different wifi regulations, normally it is not suggested to mix US and EU versions together.

If you just bought it,  it would be better to replace the 2-pack UK X60s with US versions.

If the unit has been purchased for quite a long time, there are some suggestions for your reference:

1. Is the network layout like:

If yes, what is the model number of the network switch?

2. Please check the signal source on the two UK packs and make sure they are on Ethernet backhaul.

3. Swcith the location of these two UK packs with two of the previous 4* US packs to see whether the disconnection follows up with Decos or the locations.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Related Articles