Archer AX50 5GHz network radio turns on very slowly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-22 04:54:16
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20200708 rel.55037

Hello ,I am using seperated network for 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks and I live in an area where frequent short power outtages/voltage fluctuations occur. The 2.4GHz radio comes on quickly while 5GHz takes 3-4 mins to turn on. 

I researched online and found out that since I'm using 160MHz channel , I'm also using some DFS channels(52-64) alongwith non-DFS(36-48) and according to regulations , router has to wait 60 seconds to check if DFS is empty.

I have tried to lower my channel width to 80MHz and using only non-DFS channels(36-48) which is set to 36. However this did not improve the boot up speed at all. 

I consulted my friend who uses Asus AX58U and his boots up in around 1.5 mins 

Please tell me on how i can speed up this ? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer AX50 5GHz network radio turns on very slowly
2021-04-23 09:16:55

@Armada 

After you changed the channel width to 80MHz, it still takes 3-4mins to broadcast the 5G signal? Try to restart the router, confirm again.

Regarding the 160MHz understanding, you are correct, it will need to scan the radar channels, so that will take long than usual.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 198

Replies: 1

Related Articles