[Troubleshooting] Fail to switch the Deco working mode using the latest Deco APP (2.6.x version)

[Troubleshooting] Fail to switch the Deco working mode using the latest Deco APP (2.6.x version)

2021-04-29 08:20:52 - last edited 2021-08-27 01:18:22
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

This Article Applies to:

All Deco models

Deco APP 2.6.x version (iOS and Android)

Issue Description/Phenomenon:

Some customers may found that they cannot change the Deco working mode from Router to Access Point, or vice versa. There are 2 cases:

Case 1

With the upgrade of the Deco APP, the alteration of operation mode needs to be under the local network since 2.6.x, which means you are required to connect the Wi-Fi of Deco to change the operation mode.

Case 2

You are connected to the Deco network, but still failed to change the Deco working mode, the option is grayed out.

Troubleshooting suggestions:

Step 1

Check and ensure your phone is connected to the Deco network. Try to disable the Wi-Fi, then enable it on the phone to confirm.

Step 2

Make sure there is no VPN connection on the phone.

Step 3

Kill the Deco app, restart the phone, re-launch the Deco app, check again if you can change the working mode.

Step 4

If none of these works, send an app log to the support engineers for further investigation with the subject ‘TP-Link Community- [Forum ID 262816] Fail to switch the Deco working mode’.

Options
5 Reply
Re:[Troubleshooting] Fail to switch the Deco working mode using the latest Deco APP (2.6.x version)
2022-03-15 17:20:56

@TP-Link 

Hi I have this issue, how do I get this resolved. Deco is set as Access Point. When I select Operating mode there are no options to switch back.

office

M5(3.0)

1.5.7 Build 20210819 Rel. 43499

Martin

Options
Re:[Troubleshooting] Fail to switch the Deco working mode using the latest Deco APP (2.6.x version)
2022-03-16 05:46:49

@MartinPaul 

Hi, this issue should have been fixed already.

Except the operation mode, are you able to modify the IPV4 and IPTV settings?

if not, the Deco APP might still think it is on the remote control.

Could you please exit the Deco APP, then forget the current Deco's network and reconnect to Wi-Fi, then log into Deco APP again to see whether there would be any difference.

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-04-10 01:31:46

@TP-Link I also can't change this. I'm on the 2.11.16 iOS.

In my case when I select "Operation Mode" under Settings, the screen only shows the title and the rest blank.

I've tried forgetting WiFi, confirmed there are no VPN, still nothing. Any Ideas?

Options
2022-04-10 01:39:58
Solved. Removed, and installed again. Now works. It seems my phone wasn't on the latest version.
Options
2022-04-11 08:46:19

@Juan-Pablo 

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

May I know your current Deco APP version?

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1249

Replies: 7

Related Articles