TP Link POE powerline adapter with 2000W psu issue?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-01 20:27:54 - last edited 2021-05-07 02:21:12
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Very odd one.. when I connect my 2000watt psu close to Poe adapter, my TPLink powerline adapter stops working and can’t get internet to work. Hardware is on main floor (1st floor)

If I was to take same Power line adapter to another level like bedroom (3rd level) than it’s working working. -the 2000W PSU fan noise is heavy; its almost like jet engine.

Can TPLink Powerline not work with 2k watt psu when it’s on same circuit or same floor?

I calculated and my hardware only uses up to 590W...

If I connects 3 different PSU (daisy chained) next to my Power line adapter, than works fine. -the three psu are 900watt, 600w, 750w.. these 3 PSU are very quiet..

Very strange? Any idea? 2k psu is loud. Not sure noise issue or power issue?

if noise issue, are there any other devices out there which can handle this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP Link POE powerline adapter with 2000W psu issue?
2021-05-07 08:07:18 - last edited 2021-05-07 08:08:05

@Kevin250  Hello ,

If you just put a UPS beside the powerline unit, it looks like the 2kw UPS causes some noise around the powerline and affect the communication between powerline adapters.

Here is an FAQ that lists some devices that may affect the powerline rate/ communication: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/409/

Btw, as UPS may filter the power line signal, which will weaken or disconnect the PLC communication, it is not so recommended  powerline units behind a UPS.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 597

Replies: 1

Related Articles