Archer MR200 does not forward ports to local server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-03 20:43:29 - last edited 2021-05-10 20:36:16
Model: Archer MR200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: latest

Hi,

This router does not forward ports 20 or 8080 to a local server, no matter what.

I have these 2 ports forwarding in Virtual Servers but they are not accessible from the outside. Both SSH and HTTP services work from the LAN.

I have enable remote administration and it works. But it refuses to forward these ports to the server.

This has worked before with port 80 and another server.

What can be missing?

I've just enabled DMZ for this server IP address, but to no avail.

Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer MR200 does not forward ports to local server
2021-05-10 05:45:36

@jmss 

Hi, if you want to access the local server from an outside network, please firstly ensure you are obtaining a public IP address from your SIM card carrier on the MR200, if not, you cannot access the local server even thought you open the ports on the router. Check this article for more details:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1675/

This stories may help more: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/1750.

Options
Re:Archer MR200 does not forward ports to local server
2021-05-10 20:35:20 - last edited 2021-05-10 20:35:37

Hi, @Kevin_Z.

That's what I did. I'm just not sure whether I configured the server with a static IP address on the router. But I was sure about its IP address when I was experimenting.

This has worked before with another server (different hardware).

We'll keep investigating, thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 408

Replies: 2