TL-WPA4220 CANNOT UPDATE FIRMWARE - UK item

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-07 15:43:32
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Factory version

Help! I have the kit which comprises the 'wall mounted' main box and 3 separate adaptors.   Two questions.

1. I am trying to set these 3 adaptors up so that they have the same name and the same password.  This is so that I can go anywhere in the house and just have the one Powerline unit showing.  I can find no way to do this.  I have the Powerline Utility (Green screen) installed as well as the TP-link Wireless Config utility (pale blue screen) installed. 

2. I am also trying to update the firmware.  I have downloaded the firmware (3 updates required).  The files have been unzipped and show a pdf and a BIN file.  The Powerline Utility (Green screen) asks me to select a NVM and a PIB file, but I can't find a way to identify those files within the BIN file.  I have found the pdf very confusing and contradictory.

I am using Windows 10.

Please can anyone help.

Regards.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WPA4220 CANNOT UPDATE FIRMWARE - UK item
2021-05-11 06:19:01

@Dinosaur1 Hello, 

May I know the hardware version your WPA4220, are they all WPA4220 V1? 

The bottom part of this FAQ is the for the wireless adapter firmare update. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1091/

WPA4220 is the wireless adapter and firmware upgrade is through its web page, the tpPLC utility firmware upgrade  is for wired powerline unit which requires NVM and PIB file, 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 549

Replies: 1

Related Articles