Cant setup Deco M9 plus as main deco in the mix Mesh network of M5 and M9 plus

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-08 17:49:31 - last edited 2021-05-14 04:57:53
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

I had a mesh network setup with 3 Deco M5 units. Recently I started experiencing network outage on the far end of the house. 
So I decided to add more satellite units. I bought 2 Deco M9 plus units with the idea to make one of them the main Deco unit.

I was able to add the new M9 plus units on my existing network and everything was working fine. 
But when I tried to make the M9 unit as the main deco using the "set main deco" function on app, M9 unit was unable to get internet. 

Tried all options and idea from internet. Also called the Tplink hotline for support. Was told to switch off modem for 20 minutes and disconnect all cables, then try again. Still no luck. 

Anyone got a clue on this.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cant setup Deco M9 plus as main deco in the mix Mesh network of M5 and M9 plus-Solution
2021-05-14 04:57:39 - last edited 2021-05-14 04:57:53

@TP-Link 

Thanks for the reply.

I had tried the disconnect model step earlier as well. It didn't work then. 

I tried it again after the above message, still didn't work.

So I called M1 and explained my problem to them. They did network refresh from their end.

Now I am able to connect M9 as main Deco and everything is working fine. So the solution to problem was to call ISP and get them to trigger some refresh signals.

Thanks for the help.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Cant setup Deco M9 plus as main deco in the mix Mesh network of M5 and M9 plus
2021-05-10 02:11:41

@pgrewal3 

Hi, After switching M9 as the main Deco, would the LED stay red all the time?

If you go to Deco APP>more>advanced>IPv4, would there be any internet IP address?

By the way, who is your internet service provider?

Just want to make sure, after switching the main Deco on the APP, you also connect the new M9 via Ethernet cable to ISP modem, right?

Thank you.

Options
Re:Cant setup Deco M9 plus as main deco in the mix Mesh network of M5 and M9 plus
2021-05-12 13:51:16

@TP-Link 

Thanks for the reply. Here are responses to your questions

Hi, After switching M9 as the main Deco, would the LED stay red all the time?

Yes

If you go to Deco APP>more>advanced>IPv4, would there be any internet IP address?

No

By the way, who is your internet service provider?

M1

Just want to make sure, after switching the main Deco on the APP, you also connect the new M9 via Ethernet cable to ISP modem, right?

Yes

Options
2021-05-13 02:30:28

@pgrewal3 

Hi, thank you very much for your kind reply.

If your service provider is M1, have you tried to  refer to this link https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/264280 and power off the M1 modem and power it back to have a look;

If it is still not working ,I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance;

Thank you.

Options
Re:Cant setup Deco M9 plus as main deco in the mix Mesh network of M5 and M9 plus-Solution
2021-05-14 04:57:39 - last edited 2021-05-14 04:57:53

@TP-Link 

Thanks for the reply.

I had tried the disconnect model step earlier as well. It didn't work then. 

I tried it again after the above message, still didn't work.

So I called M1 and explained my problem to them. They did network refresh from their end.

Now I am able to connect M9 as main Deco and everything is working fine. So the solution to problem was to call ISP and get them to trigger some refresh signals.

Thanks for the help.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 845

Replies: 4