Deco M4 shows red LED after setup network, no internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-12 09:42:12 - last edited 2021-05-13 00:59:49
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm now trying to setup my new purchased main Deco M4 to a huawei HG8240 modem following the guideline in the app, but i always stuck at connecting the internet with red LED. I tried use different Deco units also tried with different IOS devices.

Dynamic internal connection was selected during setup, and the Deco always switch to red after creating WiFi network, and prompt internet connection error. The IP address, mask and gateway detail in IPv4 are blank.

Verified my modem is ok using laptop lab, switching back to ASUS router works perfectly. I also did try clone MAC address from Ethernet but no luck. I'm using Singapore M1 fiber optic. Anybody can help me?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M4 shows red LED after setup network, no internet connection-Solution
2021-05-13 00:23:18 - last edited 2021-05-13 00:59:49

@syeeng84 

I figure out how what's wrong already, Seem like for m1 user you will have to first "disconnect"'the WAN connection from your old router. Then plug in the new TP deco will assign a new IP for you.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4 shows red LED after setup network, no internet connection-Solution
2021-05-13 00:23:18 - last edited 2021-05-13 00:59:49

@syeeng84 

I figure out how what's wrong already, Seem like for m1 user you will have to first "disconnect"'the WAN connection from your old router. Then plug in the new TP deco will assign a new IP for you.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1035

Replies: 1