M7650 slow speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

M7650 slow speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
M7650 slow speeds
M7650 slow speeds
2023-01-22 22:21:08
Model: M7650  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.10 Build 220922 Rel.1029n

Hello,

I recently purchased the TP-Link M7650 Mifi to use as a primary internet router for the next year or so.

So far I'm pretty disappointed with the speed as I seem to get better performance while using the SIM in an old android phone / tethering:

This is the speed I get on my PC:

These are the results I get on my phone:

Here's my configuration:

I also tried an Orange SIMcard and the speeds I get are worst on the M7650 ( top 12Mbps ) and somehow better on the iPhone ( ~170 Mbps ) so for me its pretty clear that the device is somehow bottlenecking although the advertised speeds should at least be better than the ~20 Mbps I get on it..

There's another thread "M7650 Slow Connection - Firmware Issue?" I went through thinking that you guys might have posted a solution.

Based on that thread I understand that you might be able to provide support / a better firmware.

Is there anything I could do to reach better speeds? 

Thanks in advance!

Options
1 Reply
Re:M7650 slow speeds
2023-01-24 20:04:21

Yeah, thought so...... Don't bother guys, I did a refund.

I'll think twice when I see "tp-link" tagged on anything, even if it's toilet paper.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 280

Replies: 1

Related Articles