TP-Link MR100 frequent disconnection while browsing in wireless router mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-10 19:36:53 - last edited 2021-07-03 03:53:17
Model: TL-MR100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210119 Rel.31129n

I have been using the router on 4G-LTE SIM. It was working fine. Recently subscribed a broadband connection to increase the throughput.

The service provider provided copper cable (cat5/7) with static IP which was duly configured after changing the mode to "wireless router mode".

Although on pinging any public domain, there is no loss of packet (<3-4%), the router intermittently shows connection disconnected and while browsing,bmany popular websites don't open showing msg "err connection reset" but on refreshing the browser 3-4 times, site will open.

Further, speedtest apps / websites also mostly don't work mentioning unable to connect to server. Connection speed (<15 Mbps).

On connecting an old router of "Tenda", with factory settings, the same IP/Gateway/DNS, it is working perfectly fine with higher speed (>30Mbps).

Both router using MTU=1500.

Please help resolve the issue.

Options
4 Reply
Re:TP-Link MR100 frequent disconnection while browsing in wireless router mode
2021-05-24 11:30:37

@Abhay-mr100 

Is it possible to clone the WAN MAC address of the "Tenda" router to the MR100? Similar instructions: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2264/.

Options
2021-07-01 16:29:48

@Kevin_Z 

Thnx for the suggestion. It worked.

The problem did not occur during the last 1 month.

But now on revert to the default mac address the problem started occuring.

Noticed a peculiar thing. The wan port mac address starts with 86:D8:1B while The lan port mac address starts with 84:D8:1B.

Google search reveals that though 84:DB:1B is registered with TP link. The other series 86:D8:1B is still unregistered.

Request please confirm if 86:D8:1B id can be used on the device, MR-100 or it has been provide by oversight / mistake.

Thanks again.

Options
2021-07-02 11:11:41 - last edited 2021-07-03 03:53:17

@Abhay-mr100 

Hi, we have explained in the FAQ we provided, some ISPs may register the MAC address of your computer or your old wireless router when you dialing up the internet for the first time via modem. If you add a new router into your network to share your internet connection, the modem may still register the MAC address of your computer or the old wireless router, in that case, you may need to configure MAC Address Clone on the router.

If your ISP only recognize the old router's MAC address, you need to clone that MAC on the MR100, or you need to contact your ISP to register the new MAC address of the MR100, that should also work.

Options
2021-07-03 03:53:07

@Kevin_Z 

1. The isp has registered the mac address of my new device (tp link router) else the net would not work. That is when the problem starts ( site not opening on any device while ping working fine).

2. I wanted to confirm whether the mac address series i.e 86:D8:1B:xx:xx:xx, is registered with TP link.

I have a feeling that the problem is of mac address.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 739

Replies: 4