WhatsApp doesn’t work using Deco M9+

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-11 08:46:17
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Hi, I'm using four Deco M9+ and have Virgin Media as ISP. I have Deco setup as router and Virgin Media as modem. The issue that I'm having is that we have Apple I-Phone's at home, all are on latest OS versions but over the last two weeks we're not able to use WhatsApp over the WIFI, we just see "Connecting" message on the phone and no linkage for WhatsApp to the internet. I have tried turning virus software off on Deco but made no difference. We also don't have parental controls set-up. Please help. 

Options
9 Reply
Re:WhatsApp doesn’t work using Deco M9+
2021-05-12 03:24:25 - last edited 2021-05-12 03:34:27

@PhilWin 

Hi, did it occur to IOS devices only, how about Android phones or Windows laptops?

Except for WhatsApp, did other programs work properly?

By the way, Can I have a picture of the error message on WhatsApp?

Thank you.

Options
2021-05-12 09:00:33

@TP-Link Hi, it's happening only to IOS devices, no problem with laptops. WhatsApp is the main App affected, but my wife is also having issues connecting to Microsoft Outlook and Teams.

Options
2021-05-13 06:05:30

@PhilWin 

Hi, may I know what are the affected IoS devices and can I have their models and operating system?

it seemed like the attached picture was broken and I have sent my email address via private message and maybe you could send it to my email;

If possible, you could try to Reset Network Settings on the IoS and connect again to see what happened:

Step 1: Open Settings > General > Reset.

Step 2: Click Reset Network Settings and confirm.

Options
2021-05-13 20:11:59

@TP-Link Hi, I have sent screen print to the email provided, thanks. Also my wife has an Iphone 12 and I have an Iphone 11, we are both on the latest software version 14.5.1. We both tried the network reset and it didn't make a difference, unfortunately.  

Options
2021-05-14 03:34:15

@PhilWin 

Thank you very much for the reply.

I have got your email and have you tried to change the WAN DNS on the Deco to be 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 to have a look?

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1855/

and when you use mobile data or a different network, would the same issue continue?

Options
2021-05-14 22:55:33

@TP-Link Hi, I changed the WAN DNS to the number that you gave and didn't notice an improvement. You mentioned I should change it to "have a look" - was I looking for the problem to be solved or should I have been looking for something specifically?

When we change the iphones to mobile data the problem goes away. The problem is only with WIFI at home. 

Options
2021-05-17 05:37:08

@PhilWin 

Thank you very much for the updated news.

Your case has been forwarded to the senior engineers already and please have a check of your email box.

Thanks.

Options
2021-06-01 14:01:28

@PhilWin 

Something is similar happened to me and when I clear the app caches and try it again and my problem got solved and if this doesn't work for you then use this GBWhatsApp Apk 2021 I hope it will solve your issue.

Options
2021-06-03 12:31:12

@xavier221 

xavier221 wrote

@PhilWin 

Something is similar happened to me and when I clear the app caches and try it again and my problem got solved and if this doesn't work for you then use this GBWhatsApp Apk 2021 I hope it will solve your issue.

Thanks xavier221 for sharing this info which I really like it because it's very useful for me and I think also for other user's of Deco M9+ because with help of this info they can solve there WhatsApp issue.

Options