RE505X - request for WPA3 support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-13 07:55:42
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.10 Build 20210223 Rel. 192200

The present request concerns the RE505X range extender, not an "adapter", as I was forced to choose from the drop-down list.

Anyway...

Currently, the RE505X does not support WPA3, which means - for example - that when I want to connect it as an access point to a WPA3-capable router (the AX11000 in my case), I first have to degrade the router's security to WPA/WPA2. Otherwise, although the RE505X will connect on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, no device will connect to the extended 5 GHz because they all prefer the router's WPA3 encryption to the WPA2 offered by the RE505X.

WPA3 support for the RE505X would be highly welcome.

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE505X - request for WPA3 support
2021-05-17 07:55:43

@Maciej Good day,  

So far range extender products does not support WPA3, thank you for your suggestion we will record first for further evaluation.

Roaming mechanism varies on different Wi-Fi clients, normally Wi-Fi clients will start to roam to a different WiFi when the current Received Signal Strength is too weak and met its threshold .

It is also recommended putting RE in the halfway between router and Wi-Fi dead zone, as if router's signal is too strong and did not meet the client roaming threshold, they will stay with router's Wi-Fi. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 1261

Replies: 1

Related Articles