TL-MR6400 v4 autonomously changes PROFILE and disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-14 13:39:23 - last edited 2021-05-22 13:25:24
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: latest

I purchased two TP-Link TL-MR6400 Router 4G LTE untis, one in 2019 and one in 2020. I am using a 4G SIM card from Tiscali Mobile, a virtual operator in Italy leveraging the TIM network. I use them for remote surveillance.

The one purchaased in August 2019 has been working perfectly, never one single issue.

The one purchased in October 2020, hardware v5 and already flashed to the latest firmware when I purchased it, it gives me plenty of issues. Every 2-3 weeks it disconnects from the Internet. When I drive and get by it and connect via wifi, I see that it has autonomously switched from the TISCALI profile to the next one in the list, which is named FASTWEB. Even if I reboot it, nothing changes, I have to manually reprogram the profile to TISCALI. Then sometimes it fails to reconnect and I have to reboot it. See the attached log from October last year.

I contacted the TISCALI mobile operator and they told me it is the profile that got changed... so they KNOW! but they claim it is an error in the router. They won't admit it may be a network message of theirs that causes this change.

Any suggestions? this is really painful, how can I relie on this setup for remote surveillance if it disconnects and I shall drive to fix it????

THANKS

File:
log.txtDownload
Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-MR6400 v4 autonomously changes PROFILE and disconnects
2021-05-24 11:23:40

@AGallo 

Are both routers MR6400 v4? What is the firmware version of that one purchased in 2019, and what is that of the one purchased in 2020? 

Are they working with the same SIM card carrier, which is Tiscali Mobile? What if you try to switch the two SIM cards on the two routers, will it make any difference?

Options
2021-05-24 12:50:39

@Kevin_Z 

Hello Kevin 

I must correct my statements re: the MR6400 which disconnects.

It is in a remote location. Based on my order details on Amazon, it reported v4 hardware. But yesterday I drove by it and it is a v5 hardware. I discovered that there was an update available from May 2021 recently released, so I applied it 

I will be able to report if it works fine or is disconnecting again in a couple of weeks.

Both work with a SIM from Tiscali Mobile, which is listed in the predefined profiles. Fastweb is the profile next in the list and the MR6400 jumps to the following profile from Tiscali to Fastweb when this error happens.

No, I cannot swap the SIM cards, they are in two remote locations with surveillance cameras and smart appliances at 2h driving distance between them.

Any feedback on the error log I uploaded?

Thanks again, hopefully the firmware update I applied yesterday may fix this?

Options
2021-05-25 07:32:59

@AGallo 

I see. Please monitor again if the issue persists after the firmware updated.

Just to confirm, are both the Tiscali Mobile and the Fastweb belonging to the same SIM carrier in your location? Can you confirm this with the provider?

What's more, please pay attention to the band on the MR6400 when the internet disconnects, will it change to a different one? Please also pay attention to the profile change, does it happen before or after the band change, you can write down the time when the profile change, and send us the whole system log.

Options
Re:TL-MR6400 v5 autonomously changes PROFILE and disconnects
2021-06-22 12:47:25

@AGallo I confirm that after upgrading to the latest firmware I do not have the random profile change anymore! By the way, it is a v5 hardware, not v4

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 421

Replies: 4