Issue connecting d-link dap-1325

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-15 07:43:29
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Release 66098

Yesterday I bought a tp link extender. I am trying to connect my existing d-link extender to tp-link to further extend the network.

I have 5G router(some devices connected), and tp-link extender is connected to 5G router(some devices connected)in both 2.4 and 5GHz.

Now when i am trying to connect my d-link extender(both 2.4 and 5 GHz mode) to tp-link, connection is not getting established. I can see  orange light flashing on d-link extender denoting host network cannot be connected.

When I try connect d-link directly to 5G router 2.4GHz network it gets connected.

Can someone please throw some light, thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Issue connecting d-link dap-1325
2021-05-19 08:00:36 - last edited 2021-05-19 12:33:50

@adsforumuser Hello, 

It is not so recommended connecting a RE connect to RE when they are from different brands, they may have different ways of bridging and got some problem. 

If possible , you could set up 2nd RE in AP mode: 

Topology: Router )))(( RE --<Ethernet cable>- RE2 (AP Mode)

If you need wirelessly connect RE to RE, it is recommended to customize different Wi-Fi SSID for tp-link RE's 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi (also  a different wifi name from main router ), and see if D link could detect the RE's wifi and connect to it.

How to change wireless settings of TP-Link range extender on Tether APP

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2540/

Make sure you have not set up Access Control on RE305.

Normally tp-link RE will not block your D-link, for further troubleshooting, you could contact D-link and see if they have any other suggestions. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1234

Replies: 1