Archer MR600 - "windows was unable to connect to wifi network"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-16 09:04:52 - last edited 2021-05-16 09:06:50
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I've got a serious problem. I can't connect to my Archer MR600 wifi network. I made the tests on my two laptops.

Laptop 1 : Lenovo Ideapad + windows 10

I see two wifi networks in my wireless connections lists : one named TP-Link_XXX and the other TP-Link_XXX5G

When I try to connect to TP-Link_XXX : I enter the security key, then the message "windows was unable to connect" appears.

The network doesn't even appear in the "network and sharing center / manage wireless network", so I can't remove it and try a fresh connection.

But I can connect to the 2nd network TP-Link_XXX5G !

Laptop 2 : Toshiba + windows 7

I see only one network TP-Link_XXX. Same problem than laptop 1. "Windows can't connect". No network in the wireless network manager.

(I also see a second network with no name but maybe it's not related).

I've spent several hours trying different kind of things (update drivers etc etc etc) but nothing works.

Have a nice sunday and thank you !

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer MR600 - "windows was unable to connect to wifi network"
2021-05-24 11:54:20

@Jaromil 

If both laptops cannot connect to the 2.4G network, please login to the router web interface by connecting a computer to the router with an Ethernet cable, then go to Wireless Settings page, try to change the wireless network name of the 2.4G network to a new one, change the wireless channel to something like 1, 6, 11, change the security type to WPA2-PSK, AES, then reboot the router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 658

Replies: 1