Virgin set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Virgin set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Virgin set up
Virgin set up
2021-05-20 14:33:55
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am after some help with connections and set up.

I have Virgin box operating as dumb router, connected via ethernet to a Deco E4 main router which connects wirelessly to 2 further Deco units. The main router also connects via ethernet to the virgin box so both ethernet sockets are occupied.

I want to get the ethernet in to the power cables so I can connect a remote camera operating beyond the wifi network. How do I deliver the network signal in to the power lines when the main router has both ethernet connections occupied? Can the other Deco units do it because I tried and it didn't seem to work?

Many thanks,

Jim

Options
1 Reply
Re:Virgin set up
2021-05-20 15:55:42

@123jimbo 

Have you considered this, with Main Deco:

Can the other Deco units do it because I tried and it didn't seem to work?

Yes, they can. On Satellite Deco, their Ethernet ports can be used to connect any wired networking device. Just try it with any other device you may have at home that has Ethernet port: Roku (some models), Android set-top box, laptop, desktop, Smart TV with Ethernet port - just to name few. 

After you confirm for yourself that Ethernet port on E4 works just fine for other wired devices, you can investigate why you are having issues with powerwall adapters.

Also, if you can bring remote camera to where E4 is, just to run test - connect camera with Ethernet cable to E4 - you'll see if your camera has issues connecting to Ethernet, or something is wrong with your powerline adapters.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 280

Replies: 1

Related Articles