No Connection in other Room. '' Home Button '' not light up.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-24 19:23:27

Hello,

I Have the TP-LINK AV500. TL-WPA4220.

Since this morning, my TPLINK no longer repeats the network in another room. We no longer have internet rehearsal.

I tried all the manipulations (change the ethernet cable, the wall outlet, long press (1, 10s), do all the press manipulations etc. But nothing changes.

The problem is that the second button (like a house) does not light up.

When I put the 2 in the same room it works (the home button lights up) but as soon as I move to another room (in the room where it was usually there) it no longer works.

Do you have an idea ? I do not see where the problem can come from.

This conversation : https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/99919

-> looks like my problem but the end link is not working.

Options
5 Reply
Re:No Connection in other Room. '' Home Button '' not light up.
2021-05-26 11:25:26

@Suieton Hello, 

May I know how long the powerline KIT has been working that room? 

If powerline units are paired and working fine in the same room, but lost pair when you locate to a different room, this is normally because they are not on the the same power circuit/ powerline environment is too poor to use powerline device. 

If it has been working fine fine before, you could try a different wall socket for the powerline extender 

If you have more than 2 powerline units, you could test 2 unit at a time and see if certain unit always loses connection. 

Please check the FAQ below and  and remove the things that may affect the power environment:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/409/

1. Please check if there are electrical devices, which have a motor inside them around the powerline adapters. Such equipment can be air-conditioners, washing-machines, electric-fans etc..
  2. Please check if there are AC power adapters, such as those used for mobile phones, laptops or something else around the adapters. 
  3. Try a different wall socket in another room

Options
2021-05-27 12:19:15

@Solla-topee 

May I know how long the powerline KIT has been working that room? 

About 4 years

f it has been working fine fine before, you could try a different wall socket for the powerline extender 

I have tried different wall sockets and in different rooms but still have the same problem.

The only place it works is when they are in the exact same room (2-3m apart).

> Please check the FAQ below and  and remove the things that may affect the power environment

I checked and nothing new. Everything is like before it suddenly stopped working.

Options
2021-05-31 08:05:09

Any ideas ? sad

Options
2021-06-14 15:00:14
Please ?
Options
2021-06-15 10:35:17 - last edited 2021-06-15 10:35:55

@Suieton Good day, 

Sorry for the delayed response. If the powerline KIT has been worked fine at the same location, it is possible that powerline unit (s) are defective, as last try you could check if the powerline KIT is on the latest  firmware  and upgrade firmware for them: 

(select Hardware according to the back label of device before download corresponding firmware )

Firmware for WPA4220: https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wpa4220/

Firmware for PA4010: https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-pa4010-kit/#Firmware

NVM& PIB is the firmware file for wired powerline units, firmware update via tpPLC Utility:

How to update the firmware using tpPLC Utility (new logo)?

Bin file is the firmware file for wireless powerline unit, firmware update via Web page of wireless powerline unit, here is a guide for upgrade firmware for wireless powerline unit. 

How to update the firmware of Powerline ac Extender via web-based management interface (new logo)?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 977

Replies: 5