Deco M9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M9
Deco M9
2021-05-27 13:45:16
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210126 Rel.59387

Hello. I purchased a Deco M9 Plus (2 units) for about 3 weeks and I had no complains until now.

Recently I discovered an issue with wireless projection on a Toshiba Tv. When I try to project either the laptop screen or the phone screen, it doesn't connect to the tv. The tv shows it's trying to connect but then it drops the connection. This only happens when the device I'm trying to project is connected to the second Deco ( the extender). If both of the devices are connected to the same unit everything is working fine.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco M9
2021-05-27 17:23:52 - last edited 2021-05-27 17:24:20

@rVlad 

I have had the same issues with Panasonic and Toshiba TVs a few times now.  I do think it's a flaw in the TV's firmware / WiFi card as it appears the devices themselves do not like mesh networks, had the same issue on Deco and Eero Mesh Nodes.    Both times it was the same as you are experiencing, it like the master node but no other!  

In the end, I found cabling it (LAN Cable) into the 2nd or 3rd node worked for both Deco and Amazon Eero, however, it is not the ideal result.   Sadly after a few examples of this, I could only determine it to be the TVs themselves and not the Mesh; everything else worked perfectly

Options
2021-05-27 19:47:59

@Philbert Thank you for confirming this isn't a remote case. I just bought a Roku Streaming Stick+ to see if it has the same problem. Sadly it does.

Options
2021-05-27 19:52:38

@rVlad 

I got one of the TVs working for a customer by switching off the node in that room, moving the main router into the same room as the TV to temporarily connecting it to the mesh. 

Then moved the main node it back to where it belongs and turned on the node in the TV room, TV reconnected (after some time).  Never heard from the customer if it worked long term or not  :(

Options
2021-05-27 20:17:10
I will try that but I'm pretty sure it will connect to the closest node eventually. Thank you!
Options
2021-05-28 03:47:37

@rVlad 

If the Toshiba TV or Roku Streaming Stick+ is connected via Wi-Fi, you could also consider turning off the Mesh Technology on the Deco APP to have a look;

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 513

Replies: 5

Related Articles