How to rename the network in Deco app?

2021-06-04 08:00:23 - last edited 2022-07-20 09:26:14
Tags: #Feature Request #change network name

I have three separate WiFi networks configured and managed by Deco Android app. Each network is in different physical location (they are not interconnected in any way) but each of them has the same SSID ("FUXOFT"). This is intentional so that my portable WiFi devices automatically work in all locations. When I want to switch between the networks in the app, I see the network names as "FUXOFT", "FUXOFT", "FUXOFT" so it's very hard to see which one belongs to which network. Can I set aliases or rename these networks independently of what their SSID is to make their management easier in the app?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to rename the network in Deco app?-Solution
2021-10-26 09:52:23 - last edited 2022-07-20 09:25:34

@Drakkonian 

Hi, the Network name will change along with the wireless SSID.

Please refer to this link to get more details:

Changing Network Name

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
18 Reply
Re:How to rename the network in Deco app?
2021-10-22 17:57:02

@Fuxoft  a have the same problem. Anyone help?

Options
Re:How to rename the network in Deco app?-Solution
2021-10-26 09:52:23 - last edited 2022-07-20 09:25:34

@Drakkonian 

Hi, the Network name will change along with the wireless SSID.

Please refer to this link to get more details:

Changing Network Name

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-10-26 11:14:06

@TP-Link  That works, but i dont need rename SSID. Only network name.

Options
2021-10-27 01:22:03 - last edited 2022-06-30 06:33:26

@Drakkonian 

While that might be a little tricky now since I am afraid this is the only way to change the network name.

I think it is a very valuable feedback and I would like to report to the senior engineers for further evaluation.

Please free to comment below if you have the same request.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-02-05 14:31:17

@TP-Link But the SSID name is identical for all three networks! This is intentional so that my portable wireless devices work in all three physical locations with the same WiFi configuration.

Options
2022-06-29 16:45:14

I have the same problem. I have three locations and have named all with same SSID.  The networks are all labled as "home"  as the default Grr.  This should be a simple fix that you can go in and change the network name without changing the SSID. I can tell which network each is by looking at the connected devices.  You can change the neame of a connected device easily, so you could just identify each device with the location name before the device. All of this inconveniently stupid.

Options
2022-07-04 13:28:03

Well, new to TP-Link. See this post from 2021 and also have the same issue. I want to relabel "Home" and "Guest" in the app so that I can differentiate between multiple networks in multiple locations.  For example, change "Home Network" to "XXX Home Network".

Seems this has yet to be fixed, though seems like an easy fix to be able this to be re-labeled. 

Options
2022-07-08 01:26:12

@MattFlashD 

Yup and yet still no solution for this. I have 3 locations all using the same SSID and worst of all, I use very similar IOT devices at all the same locations so differentiating the difference to select which location I want is a nightmare. Honestly, this shouldn't be that complicated to do. Does TP-Link take interest in these suggestion at all especially for such a simple and comonly requested fix?

Options
2022-08-07 06:02:53

@TP-Link Please fix this. I manage several deco networks with the same SSID and it is a pain trying to figure out which one I am working with. The SSIDs are historically the same and changing one of them will involve messing with a dozen devices to reprogram the SSID, not to mention the dozens of family members who use both networks. What we call the network and what the SSID is, should be separate and not equivalent.

Options
2022-08-08 09:51:00

@TP-Link what is the point of having this suggestion label if you give zero care to it?! I dislike the fact that you sell expensive products but aren't able to deal with the suggestions, especially such a simple fix. 

This is one of the many reasons why I am considering swapping to some other mesh brand. So tired of these big name no customer care brands....

Options

Information

Helpful: 10

Views: 8231

Replies: 18

Tags

Feature Request
change network name
Related Articles