VR2800 and SKY broadband

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VR2800 and SKY broadband

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VR2800 and SKY broadband
VR2800 and SKY broadband
2021-06-07 14:16:02
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: whatever it came with

Hi, I'm sure this has been asked before but I have struggled to find an answer. 

Archer VR2800 was recommended as an out of box replacement for the Sky router. Set it up using the Tether app and whatever Sky option I choose I don't get any internet connection. I currently have FTTC so initial choice was Sky MER but had no joy with any of the Sky options. Doesn't seem to be much I can change to adjust the settings. Any ideas folks? Any help would be appreciated. 

Cheers,

Chris

Options
1 Reply
Re:VR2800 and SKY broadband
2021-06-07 14:28:33

@CDRichards 

You might find this easier to setup via the web interface / GUI rather than the App, especially as you can see the log files etc.

What username did you add for the connection and yes it should be set as MER..

Ive only done this a few times but got it working with the generic details, however I know people who have had to extract their SKY specific username nad password.  This link below might help you

https://www.georgebuckingham.com/sky-fibre-router-vdsl-password/

Definately log into the router via the web interface to do this, look in the logs for CHAP or username / password issues.    Any issues post a screenshot in here for us to take a look, as much as you can would help

Options