Randomly red light appearances

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-09 08:46:58 - last edited 2021-06-09 09:24:07
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.3 Build 20210203 Rel. 68223

The device randomly turns to a red light and disconnecting.

How can I find the source of the problem? 

I managed to detect form Event viewer when was the connection stopped and here is the log :

Options
11 Reply
Re:Randomly red light appearances
2021-06-11 06:44:56

@LiranETN 

Hi,  I would like to collect some basic information first so that I could forward your case to the engineers later:

1.Did all the Deco units would randomly turn red?

2.Can I Have a picture of the network topology of your Deco system?

3.How often did this issue happen and what did you do to recover the connection, rebooting the Deco or it could come back automatically later?

4.May I know who is your internet service provider and if there is a cable modem involved?--if yes, can I have the model as well?

Thank you.

Options
2021-06-11 08:13:23

@TP-Link 

Hi,

Please find answer below your questions:

1.Did all the Deco units would randomly turn red?

Not sure... I think it's only this specific one but I will update next time it's happened.

2.Can I Have a picture of the network topology of your Deco system?

3.How often did this issue happen and what did you do to recover the connection, rebooting the Deco or it could come back automatically later?

It can happen once a week or 2 times in one day.

I don't need to do anything, the connection restored automatically after 1-2 minutes.

4.May I know who is your internet service provider and if there is a cable modem involved?--if yes, can I have the model as well?

Partner LTD is the ISP provider and I am getting a fiber to the house that connects directly to the Main Deco M5.

I am almost sure that last time it happened I checked the main Deco and it was GREEN (working) with connection + I think all other apple TV worked as well... But I will make sure again next time it will happen.

Options
2021-08-09 14:52:41

@TP-Link 

It is only on this one and not all

please see event viewer from PC from today.

PLEASE ASSIST it is unbearable 

Options
2021-08-09 15:20:18

@TP-Link @deco 

I noticed that signal source sudently disconected from wire and change to WIFI before it is happaned. 

I checked all wires with LAN tester and the wires are OK.

Options
2021-08-11 03:20:24

@LiranETN 

Hi, Sorry for the delay.

I think the disconnection might also be caused by the wireless backhaul and maybe when the Ethernet backhaul failed to work, the wireless backhaul is pretty weak to hold the connection.

Since only the Office Deco had this issue, would you please swap the location of this Deco with another satellite Deco to see whether the issue followed the Deco or stay on the same location?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-08-12 04:42:28

@TP-Link I know that the office WiFi signal is weak this is why I use a LAN connection. The problem is that occasionally the LAN is disconnected and this is what cause the disconnections.

How can I log why the LAN disconnected?

Options
2021-08-12 07:21:20

@LiranETN 

Hi, I might need to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance, and please have a check of your email box.

In case this Deco might have some issue, would it be possible to change a different satellite unit and plug it here?

By the way, May I know the model number of the TP-Link switch?

If the switch has web UI, please try to turn off the Loop prevention/detection on the switch.

Options
2021-08-12 07:57:58

@TP-Link I have mixed with other Deco as well and had the same problem (both with the same firm v 1.5.3 build 20210203 rel. 68223)

Options
2021-08-12 09:10:05

@LiranETN 

Thank you and how about the model of the switch and have you tried to turn off the loop detection or prevention?

Options
2021-08-12 11:32:57

@TP-Link what is loop detection or prevention and how do I turn it off?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1262

Replies: 11

Related Articles