Heating Issue - Archer C6 and RE200 OneMesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-17 18:08:27 - last edited 2021-06-28 08:52:52
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: latest

Hi

I recently got archer c6 and based on feedback from the community and email from TP-Link representative, I got a RE200 extender (only one available in my region). The OneMesh system works better than I anticipated and I am very happy with it.

However, there seems to be a problem with heating on my RE200. It gets very hot (enough to make me worry). I have used D-Link and Xiaomi extenders before but I would describe them as being warm after intense use. But this has next level heating problem. I did take it to a service center but was told this was okay (they did not even connect to any router, just reset it and plugged it in). It was warm then. I have decreased coverage to medium  but it has no effect on heating.

Can anyone suggest a workaround please?

N.B. I placed it on the same socket where I had used other repeaters before.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Heating Issue - Archer C6 and RE200 OneMesh-Solution
2021-06-28 03:17:52 - last edited 2021-06-28 08:52:52

@Aaksz Hi, 

Thank you for update about local team explanation. 

RE should be safe when working in ordinary household environment as they have passed the test under extreme environment. Please feel assured to use them~

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Heating Issue - Archer C6 and RE200 OneMesh
2021-06-25 03:16:04 - last edited 2021-06-25 03:23:12

@Aaksz  Hello, 

Range extender generates heat when in use as other electronics, as different electronics varies in CPU, power, thermal design etc., they could feel different on the appearance temperature.  If you use RE within the range of its Operating Temperature : 0°C~40°C (32°F~104°F), this operating environment has been tested to be safe in the in lab and should not have any safety hazards.  You also got a chance to compare the replacement RE200 and found both RE act in the same way, this should be the common temperature on this equipment, and you could take it easy. 

Here are also some tips that may also help : 

• Put RE in a cool and well-ventilated environment
  • Put RE in an open area and avoid enclosed space like cabinet. 
  • Try a different wall socket 
  •  Keep RE away from direct heat (like fireplaces and space heaters) or excessive sunlight.

If this is still a concern for you, may I know the temperature on the RE, the working temperature and its location (kitchen, bedroom etc.), thank you. 

Options
Re:Heating Issue - Archer C6 and RE200 OneMesh
2021-06-25 08:28:10 - last edited 2021-06-25 08:39:39

@Solla-topee 

I measured the repeater temperature using digital infrared thermometer.

I varied from 41-45° C across the device

Options
Re:Heating Issue - Archer C6 and RE200 OneMesh-Solution
2021-06-28 03:17:52 - last edited 2021-06-28 08:52:52

@Aaksz Hi, 

Thank you for update about local team explanation. 

RE should be safe when working in ordinary household environment as they have passed the test under extreme environment. Please feel assured to use them~

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 987

Replies: 3