DECO M4 STUCK AT 100 MBPS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-19 09:19:11
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have Deco m4 on my house.

For the last month everything was just great 1000/200 MBPS on speeetest. But today i am getting 94/94 MBPS.... this is very annoying because this device is not cheap and it looks to have a lot of problems.

I rebooted a lot of times and nothing changes, i changed to acess point, the device is fully updated but nothing works.

Please someome help me fix this fast.

Options
1 Reply
Re:DECO M4 STUCK AT 100 MBPS
2021-06-21 02:17:51

@GoncaloMendes 

May I know how many Deco M4 in the network, and how are they connected to the network? It would be helpful if you could provide more details, then we can try to work it out, thanks.
1. Ensure the cables are working fine, which should be cat 5e or cat 6 cables. You may try with different Ethernet cables.
2. Please also ensure you can reach 1000Mbps when connecting a computer directly to the ISP modem (the same LAN port where the main Deco is plugged in), this is very important.
3. Please check the QoS settings on the Deco app, ensure it is correctly configured. You can also refer to these suggestions:
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/254396
4. Is there a way to check the negotiation speed on the ISP modem web page that if the main Deco M4 negotiates at 100Mbps or 1000Mbps? Try to swap the RE Deco nodes with the main one to check if this will make any difference.
How to Setup the Satellite Deco to be the Main Deco? Check this guide:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 638

Replies: 1

Related Articles