What means the compatibility with some windows versions ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-21 10:52:33

Good Morning.

I ask for your help to clarify a doubt.
I bought a TL-PA7017P KIT powerline, but it wasn't until I bought it that I realized it doesn't have WI-FI functionality.
So, I did a search on the net and I'm going to change this Powerline for the TL-WPA4226 KIT model.
My question is:
When they say that the model's compatibility is only with windows 7/8, what happens if you have windows 10 ?
Does that mean the powerline doesn't work?
At home I have computers that have windows 10 and others that have windows 7 .
Will there be any difference in internet access between them, or is this compatibility just to access Powerline through the browser?
I would appreciate if you can clarify for me, before making the exchange.

Thank you so much for your help, and excuse for my poor english.

Best regards.

Options
1 Reply
Re:What means the compatibility with some windows versions ?
2021-06-24 07:42:41

@Fulcanelli Hello, 

1. Actually powerline units provide Internet for computer s, PC is just wireless client and there isn't  a  compatibility issue between 2 things

2. Some older tpPLC software (many years ago )does not support Windows 10, but new Utlity has released and support Win10, please check here:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wpa4220/#Utility

Note : tpPLC Utility are the same for all the powerline Models. 

Kindly compared with PA7010KIT (Gigabit Ethernet port 1000), WPA4226 KIT only has a Fast Ethernet port ( 100Mbps), so WPA4226 is more suitable when your bandwidth is less than 100Mbps. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 408

Replies: 1

Related Articles