Access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Access point
Access point
2021-06-23 10:25:28
Model: TL-WA901ND  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone, I have a TL-WA901ND model access point.
Often this access point turns off suddenly and turns on again, at times it can turn off about 20 or 30 minutes before turning on again alone.
Please need help, what should I do to stop having this kind of problem.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Access point
2021-06-24 09:54:37

@Lecharme 

Hey

I would ensure you have the latest firmware installed, it appears to have got a new firmware for 2020

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/download/tl-wa901nd/#Firmware

When you say it is powering off?  As in physically OFF or does it stop responding?     not responding a firmware might fix, if its powering OFF then its likely a fault.  How old is the device?

Options
2021-06-24 10:02:19

@Philbert 

Hello
Thanks for your help.
First, I will update the firmware and find the problem.
When I say that the access point stops, it turns off completely and the green lights also turn off.
I have this equipment and it's been 8 months now

Options
2021-06-24 10:14:51

@Lecharme 

Hey

Yeah try the new firmware and see if that helps you

If not as its only 8months old then it should be under warranty for you, contact TP Link support for a RMA.  Only had to do this once but it was quick to replace :)

Options
2021-06-25 06:56:57 - last edited 2021-06-25 07:00:41

@Lecharme Hello, 

Thanks for @Philbert 's help!  The firmware shared above  is of (UK) version, if you are using other version, please check firmware from here:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wa901nd/#Firmware

If possible, please use  tp-link original power adapter, if you have another 9V adapter please also give it a try and see if that helps. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 691

Replies: 4

Related Articles