TL-WPA7517 - Powerline Light Flashing on and off when connected to Virgin Media SuperHub

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WPA7517 - Powerline Light Flashing on and off when connected to Virgin Media SuperHub

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-27 18:33:16
Model: TL-WPA7510 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Having trouble getting TL-WPA7517 working with Virgin Media "Super Hub" Broadband/wireless router. I have plugged both the adapter and the extender into several different sockets, some next to each other, some in different rooms, and when both are plugged in the "Powerline" LEDs on both are solid on in all cases. However as soon as I plug the ethernet cable cable from the adapter into the Virgin router the Powerline LED begins to toggle on and off in approximately 10 second cycles. I've run through all of the troubleshooting guides. I can pair the devices according to the manual, but as soon as the ethernet connection to the router is in place the problem arises. Any ideas please?

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WPA7517 - Powerline Light Flashing on and off when connected to Virgin Media SuperHub
2021-06-28 09:52:11 - last edited 2021-06-28 10:08:09

@MP2021  Hello, 

Here is similar thread and that customer found its router's LAN port issue,you could also start troubleshooting from router and here are some suggestions: 

1. Please connect a computer to router's LAN port and make sure computer could get Internet from router via Ethernet 

2. Remove other devices connect to router's LAN port and try a different LAN port on router

3. Change a different Ethernet cable between router and the adapter 

4. Try to eliminate the possible factors that affect the power line environment with the instruction below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/409/

5. Double Examine your network topology:

Router -<Ethernet cable>-- wired powerline unit   ________ powerline ______ wireless powerline 

If possible, you could test the power line KIT with a different router

If still the same problem, may I have a photo of the label of Media Hub showing its Model, and your network topology? Do you use a VDSL line? Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 772

Replies: 1